Indoor Plants - Gardening Forums

Plant ID help! Jade? Sedum?

For advice and suggestions on indoor gardens, indoor plants, indoor propagation, hydroponics, and more, join in the Indoor Plants discussion.

Plant ID help! Jade? Sedum?

Postby udream » Aug 07, 2009 5:34 am

i recently inherited this interesting little guy, but i've no idea what it is! some helpful souls on another site are offering suggestions of jade, sedum, and kalanchoe, but nobody seems very sure?

it is very dangly, possibly neglected to a straggly state, &the leaves are small but a little thick with a very glossy rubber-like texture. it seems to be in poor condition also, dropping leaves & bits of stem at any movement and, i think, in need of fresh soil / possible re-potting?

i'm a complete novice container gardener, but i am slowly collecting a little family of plants, and i would love any help you all could give in IDing/caring for this newest member! :)

thank you SO much in advance.

udream

Re: Plant ID help! Jade? Sedum?

Postby Eeyore » Aug 07, 2009 10:10 am

It is not a jade but it is a succulent and you are right, it has been neglected and allowed to grow beyond what it should.

What you can do with it is cut the long straggly stems and strip off the lower leaves, then put them into a glass of water until they grow roots and then plant them into a new pot of soil.
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Return to Indoor Plants