Indoor Plants - Gardening Forums

dying hibiscus

For advice and suggestions on indoor gardens, indoor plants, indoor propagation, hydroponics, and more, join in the Indoor Plants discussion.

dying hibiscus

Postby marci_poier » Feb 02, 2010 11:16 pm

I'm wondering if there is any hope for my hibiscus? It has lost all of its leaves after contractors in our home thought it would be ok to set it outside in Saskatchewan in November at minus 5 with a wicked wind. It is a very old one given to me by my great Aunt. It's likely at least 40 years old and I would really love to save it if at all possible. Any ideas?
marci_poier

Re: dying hibiscus

Postby Eeyore » Feb 02, 2010 11:33 pm

Is it showing any signs of green at all? New buds? green under the bark if you scratch it? If so I would give it some time and see if it comes back. However, if it was outside for an extended period of time it's not likely that it will survive.
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Re: dying hibiscus

Postby otnorot » Feb 16, 2010 9:09 am

Did the plant survive???
Bill
When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.
otnorot

Return to Indoor Plants