Indoor Plants - Gardening Forums

Hydroponic Broccoli in my house

For advice and suggestions on indoor gardens, indoor plants, indoor propagation, hydroponics, and more, join in the Indoor Plants discussion.

Hydroponic Broccoli in my house

Postby w8mk » Jan 10, 2011 10:22 pm

hydro-1-2.jpg
I planted the seeds on Oct 1 and harvested my firs cut on Dec 2. The plant is still being harvested in January!
Hello everyone,

I want to share my experience with you in regards to indoor hydroponics. I am a teacher and started a simple hydroponic experiment in my classroom last year. It really has grow into quite the project. I am now growing all of my own greens and herbs indoors and I would like to show anyone interested in this topic my success indoors.

I started uploading some videos of my projects to youtube and the videos so far include: My broccoli project, seed germinating, and how to build a simple hydroponic system using parts you find in the plumbing section of a hardware store.

I will be happy to answer any questions and receive suggestions as I am always trying new ideas!
Here is the link to a few of my gardening projects.

http://www.youtube.com/user/w8mk?feature=mhum
w8mk

Re: Hydroponic Broccoli in my house

Postby kellymac » Jan 10, 2011 10:30 pm

Wow! now there`s an experiment that went very well!

No questions here though...as I have nointention of growing broccoli....ever!! LOL!
kellymac

Re: Hydroponic Broccoli in my house

Postby w8mk » Jan 10, 2011 10:45 pm

kellymac wrote:Wow! now there`s an experiment that went very well!

No questions here though...as I have nointention of growing broccoli....ever!! LOL!

I am growing all sorts of things indoors, lettuce, herbs, kale, chard, some flowers. So the questions don't have to be about broccoli. I will be adding more to my youtube channel on a variety of things that I am growing. So, I guess I should say, if you have general questions about growing veggies, herbs or flowers indoors with hydroponics I will answer the questions the best I can... this also includes systems and lights.

http://www.youtube.com/user/w8mk?featur ... c6zBgxljSQ
w8mk

Return to Indoor Plants