Indoor Plants - Gardening Forums

Sage Diviners

For advice and suggestions on indoor gardens, indoor plants, indoor propagation, hydroponics, and more, join in the Indoor Plants discussion.

Sage Diviners

Postby lucid dreamer » May 06, 2011 8:47 pm

I was thinking of growing some Diviners Sage but wouldnt happen to know where to buy a plant near me (simcoe county Ont.) I know the seeds are not very fertile so I'm looking for a plant or clones. Anyone got any of those two?
lucid dreamer

Re: Sage Diviners

Postby Eeyore » May 07, 2011 12:50 am

I doubt that this plant is easy to come by from a legal source. I believe it has now been banned in Canada.
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby kelly_m » May 07, 2011 7:01 am

Actually...It is still legal in most countries. googled it and one of the first sites popping up was Richters. Some US states have banned it. But you can purchase it.

And hopefully it is being purchased for it's uniqueness, a plant of interest in your garden and not it's recreational use.

However......and here comes some preaching! :wink:

Another site was a stoner's forum. I'm sorry, that was unfair. It was a forum for recreational users of an illegal substance. Surprisingly, MOST of the posters did NOT encourage the use of Diviner's Salvia. It is a substance that can make things go wrong way too fast. It is NOT comparable to the above mentioned banned substance, nor is it to any halucinatory substance.

That being said...judgment aside....I would suggest checking with your local nurseries. I don't know where in Simcoe county you are, but their are many many to choose from. It is however...a difficult plant to grow apparently....comments from Dave's garden varied...but most said it can be finnicky.

K
Kelly
Zone 5a/b

OLD GARDENERS NEVER DIE. THEY JUST SPADE AWAY
kelly_m

Sage Diviners

Postby lucid dreamer » May 07, 2011 10:49 pm

Around the barrie area and im looking for this plant to study it and many other plants. Im going to become a botanist. It is a beauty when it flowers I most say.
lucid dreamer

Postby kelly_m » May 08, 2011 8:26 am

I've heard good things about Botanix.....they are south end, just west Costco.

If you're willing to travel, you could try Elmvale....Ritchie's is on HWY 92 towards Wasaga Beach.
Kelly
Zone 5a/b

OLD GARDENERS NEVER DIE. THEY JUST SPADE AWAY
kelly_m

Postby lucid dreamer » May 08, 2011 11:04 am

I'll have to call a few people up then.
lucid dreamer

Return to Indoor Plants