Indoor Plants - Gardening Forums

Meyer lemon cuttings

For advice and suggestions on indoor gardens, indoor plants, indoor propagation, hydroponics, and more, join in the Indoor Plants discussion.

Meyer lemon cuttings

Postby davefrombc » May 05, 2012 2:30 pm

Well, I'll see how it goes. My little Meyer lemon had some dead branches on it so I went to trim them .. Unfortunately I also trimmed the branch that had some new growth on it , and another that had a couple of new sprouts and the two lemons.

I decided to try rooting the new growth .. I separated the short sprouts from the branches, and potted them up in a mini greenhouse. So far , the cuttings have survived a week without wilting, so there's hope.. LOL. if all survive I'd have 12 little lemon trees, about 3" tall to start.. I'll be happy if even a couple of them take.
I have other lemons I started from cuttings given to me about 4 years ago. Out of 8 cuttings , I got 5 to grow; and those were without benefit of the mini greenhouse and bottom heat I'm using now.Those were bigger cuttings to start with , and I now have lemons starting on some of those resulting little trees.
It will probably be a month or two before I know if I've had any success with these tiny cuttings.
BC Fraser Valley zone 7/8
davefrombc

Re: Meyer lemon cuttings

Postby Dumbo » May 05, 2012 5:54 pm

Neat. Hope it works out.

The only thing I can think of to do with Lemons are Long Island Ice Tea's.

A few of those are pretty good on a first date ;)
Dumbo

Return to Indoor Plants