Plant Talk - Gardening Forums

What have you bought so far?

For help in growing and maintaining your favourite plants, from sowing seeds and staking perennials to pruning roses, shrubs and trees, join the discussion.

What have you bought so far?

Postby DonnaZn2SK » Mar 07, 2008 9:29 pm

Costco has $3 off on bags of bulbs this week (ends on Sunday). It works out to $9.99 per bag. I bought two types of hosta, a bag each of daylilies, lilies and canna lilies. I don't do any catalog shopping and I have yet to pick up my seeds for the new growing season. What have you bought so far?

BTW, you can only use the coupon for the bulbs (perennials aren't included).
DonnaZn2SK

Postby Venice » Mar 07, 2008 9:45 pm

Can you use the one coupon for more then one bag of bulbs????

Thanks,

Ven
Venice

Postby Venice » Mar 08, 2008 10:45 pm

sad for me I was gonna go to Costco after work, but the storm hit, and the roads were too bad. Hopefully it's better tomorrow.

Ven
Venice

Postby Pansy » Mar 08, 2008 11:59 pm

Bought a bag of Oriental Lillies on Friday,and have already

got 3 or 4 Pks. of seeds.Thats all for me so far. :twisted:
Pansy
Zone 5 B
Pansy

Postby DonnaZn2SK » Mar 09, 2008 2:03 am

Venice,

There was quite a selection on Monday. I went back today and there wasn't much left; so hopefully at your Costco, there is still some choice. Too bad you weren't able to go today. For once, we seemed to have the more stable weather - it's been around -2C today and sunny.

BTW, does anyone know when I should pot up these bulbs and roots? I got some last year, but I don't think I got around to potting them until April...will they keep that long?
DonnaZn2SK

Postby Eeyore » Mar 09, 2008 2:11 am

I've got about 20 packages of seeds.... :roll: :roll:
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby DonnaZn2SK » Mar 09, 2008 2:43 am

Lyn,

What kind of seeds? Are you trying anything new? I should go early this year; most years I wait until May, and then end up buying the same old....

I mostly buy vegetable seeds (and already started bedding plants); I'm inspired by all the wonderful pictures from the Soup this year - time for me to get some flower seeds!
DonnaZn2SK

Postby Eeyore » Mar 09, 2008 7:38 pm

Donna, a partial list includes tomatoes, peppers, pansies, petunias, morning glories, lavatera, castor beans, lobelia, snap dragons and sweetpeas....
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby dlb » Mar 09, 2008 9:03 pm

Well it seems every time I wander into a gardening store I come out with $20 worth of seeds - which doesn't take long these days I've noticed. Yesterday I went in the store and came out with the Chocolate morning glories, Purple rain pansies, and Bells of Ireland. Plus something called Exotic Love flowering vine (Ipomoea lobata). Waaay out of zone.

I just about bought a stack of 3" pots, but stopped myself at the last minute and decided to see what I have in storage. I spent last night soaking and bleaching about 50 plastic pots. Where did they all come from? :?
Dora
dlb

Next

Return to Plant Talk