Plant Talk - Gardening Forums

Scrap - Did you get your lily bulbs yet?

For help in growing and maintaining your favourite plants, from sowing seeds and staking perennials to pruning roses, shrubs and trees, join the discussion.

Scrap - Did you get your lily bulbs yet?

Postby Eeyore » Apr 16, 2008 12:51 pm

Mine arrived yesterday. The Purple Prince bulbs were a smaller size than advertised so they sent 2x the order.
They also sent a freebie - It's called "Black Spider".... shudder..... Interesting name and a pretty lily. This is it here.

http://www.plantlilies.com/store/produc ... cts_id=688
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby murphy » Apr 16, 2008 4:28 pm

I got a few lily bulbs but potted them..don't want to feed those stupid red beetles with them...I have already picked three out of the soil in the garden.....I think I am going to be transformed into a mad woman endlessly searching out red beetles in my garden till I go grey and cross eyed. :cry: :? :shock:
murphy

Postby Eeyore » Apr 16, 2008 4:29 pm

I don't have those, knock on wood! I think they would drive me mad too.
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Re: Scrap - Did you get your lily bulbs yet?

Postby butterfly » Apr 16, 2008 5:20 pm

Eeyore wrote:Mine arrived yesterday. The Purple Prince bulbs were a smaller size than advertised so they sent 2x the order.
They also sent a freebie - It's called "Black Spider".... shudder..... Interesting name and a pretty lily. This is it here.

http://www.plantlilies.com/store/produc ... cts_id=688

wow Lyn

That one is gorgeous
Cheers Butterfly

Having a place to go - is a home. Having someone to love - is a family.
Having both - is a blessing."--Donna Hedges
butterfly

black widow

Postby joycemaxwell » Apr 16, 2008 6:06 pm

That is a different looking lily. I had 3 beautiful lilies in their second year with blooms everywhere when the red beetles hit. They stripped all 3 plants of all their leaves - all that was left were patches of brown blobs. :(
joycemaxwell

Postby Scrapinthehat » Apr 16, 2008 8:48 pm

Hey there Eeyore! Lilynook called today asking how the weather is around here. I told him we are expecting more snow this weekend, but feel free to send the bulbs as I plan on planting them up in the garage anyway. They are shipping at the beginning of next week. Haven't heard from Veseys yet, but expecting those any day now too. Looking forward to that purple prince.

I do have some other bulbs (my Costco purchases) planted up though. Some Amarones are about 1 foot tall already, the Suncrest are just starting to peek out of the dirt, and most of the Elodies and Fata Morganas are poking out as well. I recently planted the cannas and they aren't doing much yet...but that is probably a good thing since they grown so darn big.

Thanks for asking.
Scrapinthehat

Postby Eeyore » Apr 16, 2008 11:48 pm

Mine are in the fridge until after the weekend. We are expecting freezing temps again this weekend.
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
Eeyore

Postby mike in Ottawa » Apr 17, 2008 11:39 am

Murphy, i know what you mean, i have already seen 2 of those little $%^&^%, and my lilies are not even up yet, and i cant find any of the potato dust product yet, so will have to go to my old method of trying to teach those little ------- to swim so far none have :wink:
mike in Ottawa

Postby Eeyore » Apr 17, 2008 1:06 pm

jmaxwell and Butterfly, thank you. I thought it was very pretty too.

Michael, I saw the potato dust at Rona. The brand name is King.

According to Abby, you may have a hard time finding it due to regulations.

http://www.canadiangardening.com/forum/ ... php?t=9784
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
Eeyore

Postby Scrapinthehat » Apr 17, 2008 1:19 pm

Eeyore...nice to get a new lily to try. Wonder if my order will come with any surprizes.

Here is a pic of some of my lilies. I know that I have quite a few in that pot, but it is a temporary home till I can plant them outside.

I've starting to think I should start looking for the potato dust as a precautionary measure. :?
Attachments
amarone lilies 3.jpg
Scrapinthehat

Next

Return to Plant Talk