Plant Talk - Gardening Forums

bulbs

For help in growing and maintaining your favourite plants, from sowing seeds and staking perennials to pruning roses, shrubs and trees, join the discussion.

bulbs

Postby Sheikea » Apr 28, 2008 2:56 pm

I know I am a little late on the whole starting seeds and such.But was wondering should I start bulbs for freesia's in pots in the house or just plant directly.?same with Calla lily and Glad's ,Mr.Fokker and Dahlia they are all in the blue family it says..?Thanks a bunch.. :D
Sheikea

Postby Meggylou » Apr 28, 2008 3:16 pm

I've started late with bulbs this year. This is my first time gardening alone since I've moved away from home and I have some canas and some dahlias. last night I put them into peat with some soil mixed in and am starting them inside. They're up in my guest room which I leave the door closed and it gets sun all afternoon and is nice and warm up there. I figure this way I can transplant them once it's warm enough outside and I won't have to wait as long for the plant to grow.
Meggylou

Postby Sheikea » Apr 28, 2008 5:38 pm

Thank you so much meggylou.I have all my seeds started now and bulbs in planted in Seed Starter Germination Miricle grow soil..LOL.Keeping them on the kitchen table till tomorrow then are going to put them out in the mini greenhouse.Got myself a little heater to plug i n for the cooler days and nights..Hugs and flower kisses. :lol:
Sheikea

Return to Plant Talk