Container Gardening - Gardening Forums

Indoor Plants

For inspiration and advice about gardening in pots and planters, gardening indoors and outdoors, from balconies to terraces, and everything in between.

Indoor Plants

Postby isabelbrinck » Apr 21, 2008 9:49 pm

I really *must* be the only person who uses this site AND only grows plants indoors or in containers on the balcony in the summer. Otherwise, why would the Indoor Plants section on the homepage be the only one that doesn't seem to refresh? :cry:
Isabel
Montreal, QC
Hardiness Zone 5a
isabelbrinck

Postby Eeyore » Apr 21, 2008 10:41 pm

I'm not sure exactly what you mean but if you are talking about the drop down under "Forums" Container Gardening isn't listed there. I think Dmitry forgot to add it to the list when he set it up.
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby isabelbrinck » Apr 22, 2008 8:02 pm

No, I know about that, but I mean on the Canadian Gardening home page, not the forums. There is a section you can see if you scroll down, called Indoor Gardening. It has had the same articles for months. Boo :(
Isabel
Montreal, QC
Hardiness Zone 5a
isabelbrinck

Postby Eeyore » Apr 22, 2008 11:56 pm

Giggle! Goes to show how often I scroll that far down. :oops:
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby seacat » May 02, 2008 6:51 pm

Hi Isabel,

No, you are not the only person who indoor gardens and has a summer balcony. I'm in the same position.

But we definitely seem to be in the minority. Not withstanding Ven's link to a balcony gardening website in another recent post, I've also noticed that generally, most things related to gardening, websites, magazines, etc are geared to gardeners in homes on the ground, not 'in the air'.

But, on the bright side, that's why I was thrilled when CG started this Container Gardening forum. I was also struck by a proprietor of an east end Toronto garden centre who noted to me last spring that 'they [garden centres] really had to start addressing the needs of balcony gardeners better'. The proliferation of condos will probably help this process along.

Seacat
Women hold up half the sky.
seacat

Postby isabelbrinck » May 08, 2008 9:04 pm

Thanks, Seacat (?), nice to know I'm not the only one!

I recently bought a book about herb gardens and the author is from NY, so she *really* addresses the issue of gardening in a small space :)
Isabel
Montreal, QC
Hardiness Zone 5a
isabelbrinck

Postby Venice » May 08, 2008 9:53 pm

I've noticed a lot of seed packets that say 'for container gardening'. And they talk about it more on shows.

I do my veggies in pots, and a few container planters so, I think that we'll all be interested in some more info.

Did you see my thread on cute mini landscapes in containers?
http://www.canadiangardening.com/forum/ ... highlight=

Ven
Venice

I'm also a balcony gardener....

Postby evepet » May 08, 2008 10:06 pm

I love plants but only have so much room for them inside, and now I'm planning my balcony. Trying to do a lot of 'viney' things that will create privacy, etc., and give me good foliage, colour, and some veggies at the same time. LOL. My problem is that I decided to go the seed route, and I've probably got waay too many plants started now to fit into the available space in my balcony. We'll see..... time is coming soon now when I'll actually be able to take all my 'babies' out onto the balcony and get them into their final summer home. :D
evepet

Postby Venice » May 08, 2008 10:17 pm

hehe I call mine 'babies' too. I say to Gizmo, 'lets go check on the babies' and he runs to the back door ahhaha.

Ven
Venice

Postby evepet » May 08, 2008 10:42 pm

Venice wrote:hehe I call mine 'babies' too. I say to Gizmo, 'lets go check on the babies' and he runs to the back door ahhaha.

Ven

That's cute! :D
evepet

Return to Container Gardening