Garden Projects and Ideas - Gardening Forums

Another project...digging to China...UPDATE WITH PIC

Need advice about building a raised garden bed, double-digging or installing an irrigation system? This is the place to find the help you need!

Another project...digging to China...UPDATE WITH PIC

Postby Scrapinthehat » May 28, 2008 1:07 am

Now that the south side is pretty much done, I've switched to the north side of the house. We've had all of the grass removed and have several holes dug for junipers. The rest will be covered with bark for this year. Hoping to add a stone patio with a pergola overhead next year. So much for next year's budget too!
Attachments
north side before changes 3.jpg
starting north side 3.jpg
Last edited by Scrapinthehat on Jun 02, 2008 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scrapinthehat

Postby Eeyore » May 28, 2008 10:08 am

Looking good! I like the poergola idea. I'm trying to figure out how to fit one into my yard!
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby Scrapinthehat » May 28, 2008 2:34 pm

Daisy...I love digging in the dirt...but not THAT dirt. Too much clay so I hired a few guys to come help me out. They've hauled away a couple of truckloads of that stuff and will be replacing it with some topsoil which will be delivered either later today or tomorrow. I'm also adding a soil conditioner. Hopefully the soil will improve as some of the bark decomposes too. Seems to be the case in other parts of the yard. :)
Scrapinthehat

Postby Scrapinthehat » Jun 01, 2008 9:23 pm

whew...my aching back...lol....glad it's done....for this year any way. I wish I could complete the area this year, but just not going to happen. Kind of boring as it is right now, but needed those junipers to get growing to get privacy from the neighbors.
Attachments
junipers13.jpg
Scrapinthehat

Postby Eeyore » Jun 03, 2008 12:01 pm

What a differnce. It looks great!
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Return to Garden Projects and Ideas