Garden Projects and Ideas - Gardening Forums

Any suggestions on this flower bed??

Need advice about building a raised garden bed, double-digging or installing an irrigation system? This is the place to find the help you need!

Postby kelly_m » May 29, 2008 9:19 am

Good idea going for height...what about roses???
Kelly
Zone 5a/b

OLD GARDENERS NEVER DIE. THEY JUST SPADE AWAY
kelly_m

Postby evepet » May 29, 2008 9:31 am

I agree that it would look good to get some higher plants/shrubs planted in there. I also wanted to mention that I saw a beautiful BIG planter arrangement a couple of days ago that would look fantastic on her stoop... I'm pretty sure it had a lot of red geraniums, plus somekind of taller yellow flower in the middle. It was extremely eye-catching due to the size and colour combination. The tall yellow flowers which were in the middle surrounded by the lower red ones had to be about 3 feet high. And it had to have been about 24" in diameter. Something like that would definitely be noticeable from the road and would brighten up her stoop considerably.
evepet

Garden Bed

Postby Denise4bOnt » Jun 01, 2008 1:43 pm

If it was my garden, I would like to see the bed widened, and I would put shrubs, preferable evergreen to hide the building blocks all along the length of the deck. In front of the shrubs I would put some colorful perennials and maybe some annuals.

Some nice long narrow planter boxes would look awesome on the edge of the deck.

So many different things you could do, I'm going through the same thing right now with a small bed out front, decisions decisions decisions.....
The one who plants a tree
looks at the world through eyes
which see tomorrow, not today
Denise4bOnt

Postby sweet-reine » Jun 05, 2008 12:43 am

I would plant mamouth or giant tournesols.They are verry high
The most rare and precious....life it self
sweet-reine

Postby Eeyore » Jun 05, 2008 10:32 am

Daisy, there is a door there, where are the stairs down to the walk?
Can you get a shot from the property boundary? I assume this is facing the street. I'm with Denise, the garden needs to be enlarged but in order to get a proper idea of whjat to do I need a photo from further away. I think it should be a complete development of the area, possible some hardscaping and some trees and shrubs along with perennials.
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby haili » Jun 05, 2008 12:17 pm

I'm probably too late, but I would put in some bright coloured annuals just to spice it up a bit. I like the goldflame spireas too.
haili

Postby murphy » Jun 07, 2008 8:51 pm

ahem Daisy....hate to be the one to point out the obvious....BUT...WHERE ARE THE PICTURES?? :lol:
Last edited by murphy on Jun 08, 2008 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
murphy

Next

Return to Garden Projects and Ideas