Garden Projects and Ideas - Gardening Forums

vine idea.

Need advice about building a raised garden bed, double-digging or installing an irrigation system? This is the place to find the help you need!

vine idea.

Postby xXxChristaLxXx » Jun 28, 2008 3:15 pm

well here's my problem.
My mother in law and myself are working on her garden, it is beautiful. She wants to put an archway at the top of a path and wants vines to grow on it. Now the problem is that we need some ideas for good vines to use that are pretty and don't grow wildly around the garden.

Christal
xXxChristaLxXx

Postby Grannygardener » Jun 28, 2008 3:34 pm

Welcome to the forum.Are you looking for perennials or annuals and what zone are you in?For perennials you can use clematis, roses, honey suckle,the list is almost endless. Annuals could be morning glory, sweet peas, climbing nasturtium's, black eyed susan vine, just to name a few. Edie
I've spent most of my time in the garden,the rest I've wasted. Edie Zone4A, Ont.
Grannygardener

Postby xXxChristaLxXx » Jun 28, 2008 3:48 pm

i need something that can be in the sun, it has to be a perennial. i live in British Columbia Canada
xXxChristaLxXx

Postby Meggylou » Jun 29, 2008 11:01 am

I think a clematis would be nice, you'd need to shade the roots though.
Meggylou

Postby Venice » Jun 29, 2008 11:51 am

If you do go with clematis or any perennial really I would do a couple, and check to see that they bloom at different times, that way you'll extend the blooming period.

Sounds lovely. You should go to the garden gallery and look at all the lovely clematis and vines people have posted. you'll be inspired.

Ven
Venice

Return to Garden Projects and Ideas