Garden Seed Exchange - Gardening Forums

Free peonies this fall

Forget the seed catalogues. Trading seeds is a great way to expand your garden with new plants, flowers, fruits, vegetables, shrubs, and trees.

Postby dogmatique » Jun 28, 2008 11:14 pm

Hi Colleen

I too would be interested in some peonies. I live in Salmon Arm, B.C. which is 5 1/2 hours from Calgary in zone 5. I have perennials that I could ship your way. Let me know what you are looking for.

Colleen
in Salmon Arm
dogmatique

Postby ColleenatStar » Jul 02, 2008 7:17 pm

I think my area is 3a. I also do not have much for shelter where I am putting my new flowerbeds. The next flowerbed is going to be around 80' long and 4' wide. Southern exposure with a fence on it's north side. I will start shipping out in Aug.
ColleenatStar

Postby marial000 » Jul 05, 2008 3:48 am

Hi Colleen,

I would love to have some of your peonies and can send you yellow daylilies and lamia if you like. It's a lot of work to plant a garden but it's worth it. Have a wonderful summer.

Maria in Toronto
marial000

Postby ColleenatStar » Jul 07, 2008 10:49 am

Ok I am going to send out some peonies end of this month to whomever is interested or the first dozen people. If you have something to exchange fine. I do like lupins, poppies and lilies. But I am in a zone 3 area. Please send me your address by PM. So far the peonies that are blooming are dark pink. This is the first full summer they have seen sunlight since they were buried 3' down. Look forward to hearing from you.
ColleenatStar

Postby Smitty » Jul 10, 2008 11:58 am

collen...I don't need your peonies but I do have lupines that need to be thinned. although I can't guarantee the color as there are 4 different colors in the bed.also have purple cone flower. will ship if you're interested.I'm also in zone3 so they should settle in to your area without problem
""Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain."
Smitty BBS :-)
Smitty

Postby Aussie » Jul 12, 2008 12:30 am

Hi Colleen - I live in Fort McMurray and if I can get on your Peonie list give away I don't have much to exchange but I do have some poppy seeds but that's about all. We can drive to Edmonton at the end of August & pick them up if that's ok. We've relocated from Australia and I have absoutely no idea about growing flowers although I'm expert at growing palms! We are getting a house built in Fort mac and have to plan the whole garden thing! I think I shall have to do a landscaping course also!
Aussie

Re: Free peonies this fall

Postby ColleenatStar » Aug 16, 2008 11:37 am

Sorry but the new flowerbed is getting me behind. Who wants peonies sent out to them? Thought I would ask before I start transplanting everything this fall. Please pm me.
ColleenatStar

Re: Free peonies this fall

Postby ColleenatStar » Sep 11, 2008 12:06 am

KSO your pkg arrived today and is all planted. Thank you very much. Maria, KSO and Colleen it has been a week now so your packages should be arriving soon. Kim yours was sent out on Mon. Sorry that is it this year for peonies. But next year is another story. I moved about 5 dozen plants to the correct height this week so we will see what happens.
ColleenatStar

Previous

Return to Garden Seed Exchange