Over the Garden Fence - Gardening Forums

Rules for posting links

Pull up a chair and grab a cup of Java for a cozy chat about what's on your mind and what's happening in your neck of the woods. This is a strictly for fun non-gardening topics.

Rules for posting links

Postby Eeyore » Jul 17, 2008 8:51 pm

It appears that there is a fairly equitable split between forumites who would like to see "links of interest" and those who do not, so in an effort to accomodate everyone the moderators have decided that while an occasional link (with a description and any necessary disclaimers) is always welcome on the forum, excessive, non-relevant, invasive links, to questionable content (news flashes, gossip, celebrities, video portals) will be removed as they distract many browsers from a typical gardening-related online activities and content. You may still discuss non-garden related topics but keep in mind that this is primarily a garden related forum and topics should not be in the extreme.

It is always preferrable that items be copied and pasted with the relevant references (such as author and publication) still intact, however this is not always possible. In the cases where you choose to post a link please preface your link with some information as to what it is about to allow readers to decide if they want to open it or not.
As a courtesy, please indicate whether the link is suitable for dial-up users. Links containing videos or a large number of photos are generally not suitable for dial-up.
Again, in the interest of courtesy, please do not post an excessive number of links all at one time. Keep in mind that every posting you make bumps something else off the forum and that some people may not look past the first page of new postings.

Thank you for your consideration and patience while we sorted this matter out.

Lyn - on behalf of all the moderating staff.
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby Katherine » Jul 17, 2008 10:50 pm

Thanks to Lyn and Kelly for sorting this out. I really appreciate the guidelines. I think this is a wise decision, and I am looking forward to seeing links that are relevant to an ongoing conversation.

kat
Katherine

Postby joan w » Jul 18, 2008 8:53 am

I agree that links can be tiresome. I would ask that when someone does post a link that they insert a direct link to what they are referring to.

It is most annoying to click on a link then have to search for what the poster is writing aoout.
Image Image
joan w

Postby twistedsister » Jul 25, 2008 1:12 pm

Hey folks,

Seems I missed the boat on the poll but I'm happy to see the results.

Although I believe we are all grownups here and have the right to 'lick a link if we choose to, or not, the bumping of relevant conversations to accomodate a link just bugged me.

My 2 pesos.
Craig
BTW - I think having these new moderators is a fine idea and they are doing a terrific job. Applause, applause.
Donna
If not for our loved ones - how would we know we are loved.
twistedsister

Postby Eeyore » Jul 25, 2008 1:52 pm

Thank you, thank you....the recognition is appreciated! :D

Nice to see you're back Craig!
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby kelly_m » Jul 25, 2008 7:53 pm

Well hello there Craig!! Hopefully you are settling in and Twisted is loving having you near.

How are the babies coming along???

K

P.S. thank you too.
Kelly
Zone 5a/b

OLD GARDENERS NEVER DIE. THEY JUST SPADE AWAY
kelly_m

Return to Over the Garden Fence