Over the Garden Fence - Gardening Forums

CHECK OUT OUR NEW ROOMS!!!

Pull up a chair and grab a cup of Java for a cozy chat about what's on your mind and what's happening in your neck of the woods. This is a strictly for fun non-gardening topics.

Postby dj_backq » Jul 18, 2008 7:57 pm

Finally a veggie room! :P
Andre

If man cheats the earth, the earth will cheat man.
dj_backq

Postby MareE » Jul 19, 2008 12:11 pm

Gads, this place is becoming mansionette with so many rooms to explore, and I'm glad to see one for fruit and veggieheads!

Errr, is one for Trees on the horizon any time soon for you know who? kiddink!!

MareE;o}
MareE

Postby Lizcordysmum » Jul 20, 2008 9:30 pm

Niece, are you asking for yersel, or for Jack?

I LIKE the new rooms, and expect to find lots of use in the Houseplants/Tropicals if my plans work out.

Checked the rooms out yesterday and wondered do my taters growing in old black tires go in containers or in veggies, always supposing I actually get some taters...one tiny flower, so far.
Cordy's Mum, Liz
Rain Coast, BC Zone 7b/8a

Nae words, nae quarrel
Lizcordysmum

Postby MareE » Jul 21, 2008 6:38 pm

Jack's into hydrants, dear Tante. Or should I say on to. An occasional tree as long as it's vertical. No room for those yet, the hydrants. LOL

Don't quote me but I'd say your taters would go in new Veggies room.

Yr most darlingest Niece;o} and please don't ever grow taters near me cuz I'll get...angsty. Trifly. laffs

MareE

Postby Lizcordysmum » Jul 21, 2008 9:23 pm

I spect Cordy is afraid of fire hydrants...he is now afraid of the sewing machine, of the sound those new scissors make, and if either of us goes into the kitchen and opens a cupboard or drawer, he runs, tail down. He runs if I am folding clothes from the laundry. Heaven help us if it is time to change the bed.

Used to be only if his Dad went into the kitchen...smoke alarms simply adore Jim and shout a greeting (he doesn't have to do anything.)

BUT, taters are in a novel container, demmit!!!!
Cordy's Mum, Liz
Rain Coast, BC Zone 7b/8a

Nae words, nae quarrel
Lizcordysmum

Postby MareE » Jul 22, 2008 5:08 am

I keep my novels on bookshelves, taters in a basement bin, but different strokes for different folks, pentultimate Tante. AND you know I'm pulling your pins.

Time to ban Unca Jim from the kitchen? I've heard of hotties...but mere presence setting off smoke detectors? Not recently. laffs

Cordy, how do you put up with these two-legged nutcases? Keep that fine tail high and waving. (That was Jack. His p-mail hydrant is temporarily out of function.)

Incorrigible disrespectful Niece;o}
MareE

\

Postby bluewillow » Jul 22, 2008 1:55 pm

(error)
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason
bluewillow

Previous

Return to Over the Garden Fence