Indoor Plants - Gardening Forums

Yeah...tropicals!

For advice and suggestions on indoor gardens, indoor plants, indoor propagation, hydroponics, and more, join in the Indoor Plants discussion.

Yeah...tropicals!

Postby bluebird » Jul 17, 2008 6:16 pm

:D
bluebird

Postby Eeyore » Jul 17, 2008 6:20 pm

Whoo Hoo! The folks who've been asking where to discuss houseplants now have a home!
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby Smitty » Jul 19, 2008 11:12 am

perfect!!!will be popping in here often. houseplants are NOT my forte..want one killed post-haste?? just give Smitty a call :?
""Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain."
Smitty BBS :-)
Smitty

Postby twistedsister » Jul 25, 2008 1:19 pm

Tropicals....did I hear tropicals?!?!

I've just moved and gave away all my tropicals...some over 30 years old...I'm in the market for a new bunch.

I'll be scouring the Edmonton area for new and different, smaller sized, tropicals to fill this house. So, anyone in the Edmonton area, if you should see a crazed lunatic leaping about in the yucca section of your local nursery do not be afraid...introduce yourself. :{)

Craig
Donna
If not for our loved ones - how would we know we are loved.
twistedsister

Postby bluebird » Jul 25, 2008 1:30 pm

Hey Craig!! Good to hear from you!!

Leapin' Liriope!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
bluebird

Postby Eeyore » Jul 25, 2008 1:55 pm

Craig - Ellerslie Garden Centre is a nice place to look for tropicals but I'm sure Donna has already told you that! :wink:
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby twistedsister » Jul 26, 2008 2:27 am

Hi Carsy & Lyn,

Ellerslie is a good place to go. Twice. Greenland, Wellington and Hole as well. Devonian is next on the list and of course any other place that looks like it might have something different. '

Several plants left behind will be cloned and forwarded, eventually. Nitida has gone to a good home but there was no way she'd fit in my carry on.

I'm liking the latest variation of Sanseveria on the market. Hadn't seen this before. Very sculptural and the same light requirements. Carsy, is it all this and more??\

Craig
Donna
If not for our loved ones - how would we know we are loved.
twistedsister

Postby bluebird » Jul 26, 2008 5:36 am

Craig, is this the version that look like pale green unicorn horns? That one is called African Spear or Cylindrica Fan ( Sansevieria cylindrica) If so, I've had one for a couple of years now and yes, same light and care requirements. Love it.

There have been quite a few new varieties of Sans' out of FLA lately...another one I am liking is one that is a small rosette...not looking very typical Sansevieria at all.

I'll likely be looking for some good homes too for some of my tropicals too as I don't expect to have 7,000 sq ft of greenhouse storage space at the next place. :shock: You do get so attached don't you?...like part of the family!

Good luck in your adoptions!
bluebird

Return to Indoor Plants