Garden Projects and Ideas - Gardening Forums

Mamoth Project

Need advice about building a raised garden bed, double-digging or installing an irrigation system? This is the place to find the help you need!

Postby Venice » Jul 25, 2008 2:26 pm

Wow that was a big task, looks amazing though!!! great job.

I would put up a big side '

'Warning Tire Slashers, and Attack Dogs. Have a nice day'

Ven
Venice

Postby Grannygardener » Jul 25, 2008 3:41 pm

Lyn and Ven--you guys kill me. Too funny. I do agree though that something has to indicate that it's not a public road.Even if you just put a rope across. This early in the game it might prove to be all the deterrent that you need. At our camp years ago, we let one family launch their boat off our property.It wasn't even a month when we arrived and found several cars and trailers parked in our yard. Word gets out and fast. Then try and get rid of them..and their garbage.. Just our experience.You're on a lake that everyone wants access to and if I'm not mistaken, there's just the one boat launch. Edie
Last edited by Grannygardener on Jul 25, 2008 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I've spent most of my time in the garden,the rest I've wasted. Edie Zone4A, Ont.
Grannygardener

Postby Grannygardener » Jul 25, 2008 6:21 pm

Just remembered, Lulu's husband is the guy with the heart of gold.So it probably goes against his grain to prevent anyone from using his road also.This world could use a lot more people like him but this may be one of those times when you want to prevent use of the road just for safety's sake. Edie
I've spent most of my time in the garden,the rest I've wasted. Edie Zone4A, Ont.
Grannygardener

Postby Grannygardener » Jul 26, 2008 1:28 am

Don't know him personally but recall you telling how he will go out in all kinds of weather any time of day to help someone. Just put 2 and 2 together. Don't envy you at the moment, can't be too much fun, especially with this heavy downpour. Surely it's going to end soon. Have a family reunion next weekend and you have an outdoor wedding coming up. Edie
Grannygardener

Previous

Return to Garden Projects and Ideas