Garden Projects and Ideas - Gardening Forums

two steps ahead, one back, but, making progress!

Need advice about building a raised garden bed, double-digging or installing an irrigation system? This is the place to find the help you need!

Postby Meggylou » Jul 28, 2008 1:33 pm

It's so neat hearing of someone else's wedding plans. Last summer I was the bride and I think I was probably the most easy going one around. Didn't even see my flowers until my mother in law gave them to me and the girls the day of. She made them herself. Same with my bonbonieres..her and her sister and their daughters made approximately 130 cookies each one unique. Decorated the hall ourselves the day before, it was so much fun. We bought our centre pieces at ikea...glass pilsners, cost us 24 dollars to do all the tables with the classes, plus some gel crystals and candles. Went and bought black and yellow ribbon from Michaels and wrapped that around them. Ah weddings are so much work but so many awesome memories.
That outdoor wedding at your place is going to be spectacular!!! That pergola is incredible, I love the sample you showed us of what the pillars will look like. I think she wouldn't mind a full wall of fabric, to me it would add more romance to the entire look.
Meggylou

Postby Grannygardener » Jul 28, 2008 10:43 pm

Touchy hmmm, and just 3 weeks to go. Been there ,done that a few times . Tongue will be pretty sore from biting it as the day draws nigh. And when it's all over and done with,everyone will have had a grand time and you'll let out a big sigh and wonder what all the worrying was about. Sorry if it doesn't make you feel better at the moment, but maybe a glass of wine will ease the tension a bit. Edie
I've spent most of my time in the garden,the rest I've wasted. Edie Zone4A, Ont.
Grannygardener

Postby Meggylou » Jul 28, 2008 11:14 pm

I just really didn't care, as long as it was flowy, simple and contained calla lilies that's all that mattered to me. I am really blessed though to have such a wonderful caring and generous family to have married into.
I feel closer to Jim's aunt and cousins than I do to my own.
Meggylou

Previous

Return to Garden Projects and Ideas