Feedback - Gardening Forums

New Forum...not working for me...

We want to hear from you. Share your feedback and tell us what’s on your mind.

Re: New Forum...not working for me...

Postby kelly_m » Jul 31, 2008 3:32 pm

Marsher...if you click on your name you will go into your profile and you can change how you wish the posts to appear.

Or maybe it's at the bottom of this page?! :!:
Kelly
Zone 5a/b

OLD GARDENERS NEVER DIE. THEY JUST SPADE AWAY
kelly_m

Postby old_Daisy » Jul 31, 2008 3:33 pm

I didn't sign in again...but my posts are starting over :| I agree with dj...the page is way to bright and very hard on the eyes...
old_Daisy

Postby joan w » Jul 31, 2008 3:34 pm

K, you can get to the top of the page by tapping th Home button. I do agree though, that it would make more sense to have it at the bottom.

If it's at the beiginning, put it at the top.

If it's at the ending, put it at the bottom.

Simple, really. ^_^
Image Image
joan w

Postby Meggylou » Jul 31, 2008 4:29 pm

I'm just very upset at the entire layout. The fact that I had to register from scratch and that the type is small and the colours are too bright. It really hurts my eyes to look at a start white screen like this. I really think messing with a good thing is always a big mistake. I'm disappointed and ticked off. I'm also upset that they didn't run this by anyone BEFORE the made the change. It was just bam "sorry you can go to the forum tonight as it is being changed". Definitely a HUGE, GIGANTIC downgrade.
Meggylou

Postby kelly_m » Jul 31, 2008 4:29 pm

Daisy...I think you were a guinea pig...that email you got from CG I'm guessing was test running the forum...I think anyone with (old user) was one of the test pilots. I'm guessing Ron did not have to re-register.

Joan...still a PITA. Would like to be able to lick post reply right from the last post.

K
Kelly
Zone 5a/b

kelly_m

Postby carolbluebird » Jul 31, 2008 4:32 pm

I just went to the User Control Panel and changed it so the new posts in the thread are at the top instead of the bottom...therefore near the REPLY button. Much easier!

Holy mindbend...this is gong to take some getting used to....yet again-lol I agree 100% that the background is too bright, especially on my 24" HD screen. I might see if I can roast some marshmallows in front of it...kiddink.

(The avatars are so tiny my bluebird there looks like an aphid :shock:)

But I did see some neat new things here and once the details are sorted I'm sure it will be fine again......?
~Carol

Imago Animi Sermo Est
~Seneca
carolbluebird

Postby kelly_m » Jul 31, 2008 4:36 pm

I'm just very upset at the entire layout. The fact that I had to register from scratch and that the type is small and the colours are too bright. It really hurts my eyes to look at a start white screen like this. I really think messing with a good thing is always a big mistake. I'm disappointed and ticked off. I'm also upset that they didn't run this by anyone BEFORE the made the change. It was just bam "sorry you can go to the forum tonight as it is being changed". Definitely a HUGE, GIGANTIC downgrade.

meggylou, we went through the exact same thing when we went from the old PT, and Patio to what we had up to yesterday. There was a lot of resistence...but we adjusted.

I realize that there are still kinks to work out and they are looking at our suggestions and complaints for that matter. The best we can do is give it some time and trust that CG knows what they are doing.

Computers are constantly changing and so are websites. I admit there are items that I don't like about this format, but then I have only been using it for what, 3-ish hours. Before long maybe it'll be as if it wasn't anything but... :|

Kwho still wants to know how I can put in my avatar...and my signature!!LOL
Kelly
Zone 5a/b

kelly_m

Postby kelly_m » Jul 31, 2008 4:37 pm

Argh!! I tried that.....
Kelly
Zone 5a/b

kelly_m

Postby old_Daisy » Jul 31, 2008 5:18 pm

Kelly...it is the same as it used to be...Browse...find the picture...open it and click ok.
old_Daisy

Postby kelly_m » Jul 31, 2008 6:18 pm

Daisy...wasn't able to upload straight from my files...told me my jpeg needed to be a jpeg...duh....and putting in the url for photobucket wasn't working for me either.

Sigh....will have to try again!!

OTOH, it took signing out and resigning in for the page to set up the way I wanted it too....now my post reply works! :roll:
Kelly
Zone 5a/b

kelly_m

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback