Fruit & Vegetable Gardening - Gardening Forums

wasps in veggie garden

Interested in growing a vegetable garden or a fruit garden? Whether you’re gardening indoors or outdoors, planting an edible garden can be easy and fun

wasps in veggie garden

Postby Link_crim » Aug 07, 2008 1:02 pm

Hey all, having a problem with wasps in my veggie garden, last week I saw bees which was a good thing. But now I can't even work in the garden because there's at least 5 wasps flying around any given moment. Anyone have a solution for this? Thanks.

also, I'm a newbie gardener, but I'd like to know if my tomatoes need to be fertilized by miracle gro (i found it lying around) or are they fine?
Link_crim

Re: wasps in veggie garden

Postby sunkeeper » Aug 07, 2008 2:15 pm

Here's an article on wasps from Frankie Flowers CITY TV

http://72.14.205.104/search?q=cache:J83 ... cd=2&gl=ca
Scarborough,Ont. Zone 6A Lorraine
Suburbia is where the developer bulldozes out the trees, then names the streets after them. ~Bill Vaughn
sunkeeper

Postby sunkeeper » Aug 07, 2008 2:22 pm

And one way to get rid of wasps is to take a small paper bag and fill it with newspaper, and tie it at the bottom, hang it up side down (maybe on the deck somewhere) so it looks like a wasps nest and when the wasps see it, they will avoid that area because they think another group of wasps is living there. They are very territorial creature and will move on rather then fight.
Suburbia is where the developer bulldozes out the trees, then names the streets after them. ~Bill Vaughn
sunkeeper

Postby sunkeeper » Aug 07, 2008 2:25 pm

20/20 is okay, but I would fertilize with a higher middle number. I use tomatoe food for tomatoe plants. Miracle makes a product for tomatoes.
sunkeeper

Postby Link_crim » Aug 07, 2008 3:46 pm

Thanks for the reply!
Link_crim

Return to Fruit & Vegetable Gardening