Indoor Plants - Gardening Forums

jasmine plants

For advice and suggestions on indoor gardens, indoor plants, indoor propagation, hydroponics, and more, join in the Indoor Plants discussion.

jasmine plants

Postby Sheikea » Oct 14, 2008 7:03 pm

Hey all I was wondering does anyone know anything about Jasmine plants.I had it outside for the summer have brought in took care of the nasty buggies and so on.It flowered for a bit but has stopped now.It sits in a south facing window I belive so gets lots of light and some sun.Should I be trimmin git back a bit or anything special..??Any thoughts would be nice.Thanks. :D
Sheikea

Re: jasmine plants

Postby orchidguy » Oct 15, 2008 10:20 am

Hiya Sheikea

There are many different species of Jasmine on the market. The most common ones need a bright light (southern exposure) and cooler night time temperatures to maintain bloom. During the winter months reduce watering and do not fertilize until about the end of May. If the plant is looking scraggley (love that word) then cut down by half, this will promote new growth. Like with most plants in the house, the reduced light levels, as compared to outside, means slower growth. This little extra care can mean a few blooms which can perfume a whole room.
Good Luck
orchidguy

Postby Sheikea » Oct 15, 2008 5:34 pm

Thank you for all your help Orchidguy. :D
Sheikea

Postby neng_perea » Apr 02, 2009 8:29 pm

Hi Sheikea...There is a special trick on growing Jasmine plants, back home we had that plants. To have more flowers we trim the Jasmine (don't cut the branch)only the leaves, every time we take it out all the leaves totally bold and after that then it start again to grew new one and started to flowers. I was born in Philippines and most of the plants there are out side plant but here we need to bring the plants inside the house. I tried to grow Jasmine plants but no luck because I always moved it..Jasmine plants wants only one spot and need sun...Good luck to you and hoping you still have the Jasmine plant.
neng_perea

Return to Indoor Plants