Garden Gallery - Gardening Forums

A run for the camera moment

Show off your gardening photographs in our Garden Gallery of beautiful plants, stunning landscapes, garden pictures, and wildlife visitors.

Re: A run for the camera moment

Postby patty » Oct 27, 2008 4:57 pm

Thanks everyone. Although I haven't used my camera for a bit, I had a general idea where it would be....near the computer. It was the lens that I had taken off a few days before to have cleaned (which was as bad as the window) that I had a bit of trouble remembering where I had set it down, while at the same time trying to think where the long lens was (did not find) I was actually surprised he was still there, in the very same position. It was like he was an ornament. Never made the slightest move until hubby chased him away. Then he looked like one of those historic man eating birds we use to see on movies flying away lol.

Back later....

GO BETTY!
patty

Postby kelly_m » Oct 27, 2008 10:58 pm

Patty...first off...nice to see you again..

Second....what a lovely foto!!! I woulda ignored hubby too!!LOL

K

btw that's your Muscadet in my avatar (if you can see it!!LOL) Thank you...It was an amazing bloomer...One of my faves of the year.
Kelly
Zone 5a/b

OLD GARDENERS NEVER DIE. THEY JUST SPADE AWAY
kelly_m

Postby patty » Oct 29, 2008 5:56 pm

Kelly wrote:Patty...first off...nice to see you again..

Second....what a lovely foto!!! I woulda ignored hubby too!!LOL

K

btw that's your Muscadet in my avatar (if you can see it!!LOL) Thank you...It was an amazing bloomer...One of my faves of the year.

Thanks Kelly.:) I'm glad you are happy with muscadet. I agree it's a great bloomer. This is one oriental I find...in my garden anyway, that multiplies quickly. Almost like an asiatic. You know,... I still haven't gotten them divided though.

Kelly...I must take this opportunity to tell you how impressed I am at your garden makeover, you entered into the contest. Girl, I had to take a double look! I had seen a before pic, you had posted one time, noting your plans, but nothing more. I love your design. The finished garden is very eye appealing, and another winner in my book.

I'm sure there are other gardeners from here that have entered, and are winners as well, but I don't recognize their real names. Maybe sometime we should do a makeover thread.

Thanks everyone.:)
patty

Postby kelly_m » Oct 29, 2008 9:35 pm

Thanks for the kind words, Patty...It was a vision, and I am happy with it too. Inspiration from all my garden friends here!!

I hope the muscadet multiplies well...it still needs filling in in the lily garden and that one happens to be right in the middle and so far my fave (although Lyn's amarone is a close second). The scent is amazing too.

K

Kelly
Zone 5a/b

OLD GARDENERS NEVER DIE. THEY JUST SPADE AWAY
kelly_m

Postby savona » Nov 05, 2008 7:49 pm

I love these unexpected moments when something special happens. Lovely capture Patty..savona
savona

Postby bluewillow » Nov 09, 2008 5:02 pm

Lovly photo Patty. Glad to see you back.

bw
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason
bluewillow

Postby patty » Dec 07, 2008 11:14 pm

Grrrrrrr...I was locked out AGAIN! Savona and bluewillow, I hope you weren't thinking I was unappreciative or ignoring you. I can't believe the bad luck I'm having with this site. Anyway, thanks for taking the time to comment on my pic. Hope the problems are over with now.
patty

Previous

Return to Garden Gallery