[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 1436: Undefined index: 26075
View topic - Store closings gift cards p2 - Canadian Gardening

Over the Garden Fence - Gardening Forums

Store closings gift cards

Pull up a chair and grab a cup of Java for a cozy chat about what's on your mind and what's happening in your neck of the woods. This is a strictly for fun non-gardening topics.

Re: Store closings gift cards

Postby butterfly » Nov 20, 2008 7:51 pm

Not all cases Lyn

Shoppers had a National sales promotion in Oct and gave a $20 gas card for every $50 you spend

I got 2 of them. There is an expirey date on them Nov 1,, 2008

It is for Petro Can.

WE don"t
t have a Petro Can in the county. They closed in July

I called shoppers and Petro Can. They are expired, can't use them at all , Petro Can told me because Shoppers requested this

I was planning on using them the next time I went to the next county but can't now
Last edited by Guest on Nov 20, 2008 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers Butterfly

Having a place to go - is a home. Having someone to love - is a family.
Having both - is a blessing."--Donna Hedges
butterfly

Postby butterfly » Nov 20, 2008 7:57 pm

Lyn

Did hubby take you out when you were dating?? If so that should not stop.

I love eating out and always pic a meal I would not cook at home very much like my lamb

I am afrid if I had a hubby and we did not go out at least once a month I would be gone. see ya, unless illness prevented us.

Funny how marraige changes some people

The romance has to keep going, even a movie now and then or what ever
Cheers Butterfly

butterfly

Postby Eeyore » Nov 21, 2008 12:28 am

I think that in the case of the Shoppers promotion they would have an expiry date because you didn't actually purchase the cards and they were much like a coupon that you would clip from the papers but in the case of buying a gift certificate they are not allowed to expire.

I too order something I wouldn;t normally cook at home. Hubby always orders Prime Rib (I don't cook that) or steak. I tried cooking a Prime Rib once and it was a disaster.
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby OGrubber » Nov 21, 2008 8:41 am

Laura,
I hear ya!
Sometimes I get gift cards from out of the way places [for me] and I would have to drive for an hour or better to get there. And even if that weren't the case, quite often the store is the kind one would never shop in in the first place.
I quite often wish that gift cards were refundable. Then at least I could spend the money in dribs and drabs on whatever.
Market Gardening - Just another day at the plant.
OGrubber

Postby Laura » Nov 21, 2008 8:49 am

I keep telling everyone to get me a bag of bird food for gifts but they think I am joking.

This year I told my son to get the kids to make me some suet cakes for my gift,the kids learn to make something,they learn about feeding the birds and they get to give me something I can really use.
Laura

Postby Eeyore » Nov 21, 2008 11:05 am

I don't think people who don't feed the birds have any idea how much good bird seed or suet costs..... That's a good idea Laura.
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby butterfly » Nov 21, 2008 2:52 pm

I have asked for things like this incuding bird feed and the kids just look at me and I never get what I want

Sometimes I pick out things I would really really like to have that is half the price what they get

I have stuff packed in the closets I have never used or put out/up cause it things that need hammering or crawling up on ladders I can't do so they sit in boxes not used
Cheers Butterfly

butterfly

Postby butterfly » Nov 21, 2008 3:22 pm

I have a very difficult time believing these stores are going out of business or going bankrupt suddenly

They are blaming it on the recession, BS.

How can a company go bakrupt in 2-3 months when you read of their $billion in profits in past quarters even the car industry.

Banks post the quarterly profits and they are billions"""" then""" it takes 2 months to go bankrupt????

I don't beleive it So what happens to all those profits annually??

Hey I just read the year end bonus of GM CEO each year is $1 1/2 million. This is just the bonus

These companies are looking for free handouts and it is these companies that will cause our countries to go bankrupt just out of greed if our gov beleives it all

Don't you think all of a sudden up pops a long list of companies when we heard nothing about them before this except only how large their profits are then bang, bankrupt. ding dong BS

Do you know you can read any companies financial books on line and see their profits all for public knowledge anywhere in thw world

go to http://www.sedar.com

I can't find it now but Circuit Ciy's profits for the quarter of June July Aug 2008 was 3.7 billion

what do they do with profits, eat them
Cheers Butterfly

butterfly

Postby Ron Evers » Nov 21, 2008 8:37 pm

The big three auto makers have been run to ground by the unions who have demanded & got huge wages & benefits for unskilled workers. The unions have fought modernization because it would reduce manpower & thus dues to the unions. To me, the unions are about the same as organized crime.

Poor management coupled by poor quality by union workers building vehicles that they want the consumer to buy, not what consumers want, has done them in. I for one, do not want my tax dollars going into a bail-out.
Ron.

The wood is clear between the knots.
Ron Evers

Postby butterfly » Nov 21, 2008 10:55 pm

The auto industry just keep building big cars, gas guzzlers. Yes never building what the public wants

I always thought they were ka-hoots with the gas companies

it seems we are bailing out the air lines or car companies every few years and I am sick of it too

My car I bought last year is $6400 cheaper this year. Suckered again
Cheers Butterfly

butterfly

Previous

Return to Over the Garden Fence