Over the Garden Fence - Gardening Forums

other forums you belong to?

Pull up a chair and grab a cup of Java for a cozy chat about what's on your mind and what's happening in your neck of the woods. This is a strictly for fun non-gardening topics.

Re: other forums you belong to?

Postby Lizcordysmum » Nov 24, 2008 7:48 pm

You too, Betty? I love reading the letters, across Canada, sometimes a U.S. paper, and a couple in Britain...you might like the Manchester Guardian if you aren't "there" already. Insightful pieces in the paper, frequently. Good literary reviews/writer interviews.

I only "belong" here, but when I lack stimulation and need some motivating, I go online to various Art Quilt websites, and these never fail to get me up, up, and away.

I lurksee a few forums, specific gardening, photography, medical, various interests.
Cordy's Mum, Liz
Rain Coast, BC Zone 7b/8a

Nae words, nae quarrel
Lizcordysmum

Postby Sheikea » Nov 25, 2008 10:30 am

For me I only have this one and the local Red Deer Gardening club one and its not really a forum more of a newsletter tyoe thing.I was on Facebook and you are right nothing but trouble so I discontinued my membership there.... :lol:
Sheikea

Postby Eeyore » Nov 25, 2008 12:58 pm

I quite like Facebook. I've found a lot of cousins on there and am in the process of re-establishing a "web" so to speak.
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby evepet » Nov 25, 2008 1:23 pm

The only other forum I frequent is mediadomain.com. I watch 'The Young & the Restless' quite regularly and they have a message board there where we discuss the show. There's also another forum there where we discuss all sorts of topics - much like here in Over the Garden Fence.
'If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it.' W.C. Fields
evepet

Postby Marsher » Nov 25, 2008 1:42 pm

I belong to several travel forums ( mostly Cuba related), and a computer forum, and of course here...
Located Brantford Ontario Zone 5 B
Marsher

Postby Smitty » Nov 25, 2008 2:06 pm

I have a Facebook membership but don't use it often...can't figure it out!
""Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain."
Smitty BBS :-)
Smitty

Postby LeeInEdmonton » Nov 25, 2008 2:50 pm

I participate in 5 woodworking forums plus a senior's forum, but I really enjoy this one as special & I guess that's why it is particularily frustrating as problems seem to be ongoing.

Lee
LeeInEdmonton

Postby Eeyore » Nov 25, 2008 2:52 pm

Smitty wrote:I have a Facebook membership but don't use it often...can't figure it out!

I had some difficulties at first as well. There is a lot of stuff I just ignore on there too. I like playing scrabble though!
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby butterfly » Nov 25, 2008 3:00 pm

I only belong to one other garden forum but I sure read a lot of anything that interest me

science, music knitting and crafts , news stories

and everything that goes on in the world
Cheers Butterfly

Having a place to go - is a home. Having someone to love - is a family.
Having both - is a blessing."--Donna Hedges
butterfly

Postby Venice » Nov 25, 2008 3:08 pm

Yay I can post again!!!

Ok well currently I'm involved in a 'pug' board, baby board, and an alternative healing board. In the past I've tried to find forums where I have a current interest. I've been really involved in several in the past. It was a great way for me to connect with other like minded people, esp after moving across country and not knowing many locally.

As my life and interests change, so do the forums I'm a member of. I do like being able to speak with so many on certain subjects that don't interest my friends hahaha. I mean they can only take so much baby or pug talk hahhaa.

Ven
Venice

PreviousNext

Return to Over the Garden Fence