Over the Garden Fence - Gardening Forums

A cute joke ---

Pull up a chair and grab a cup of Java for a cozy chat about what's on your mind and what's happening in your neck of the woods. This is a strictly for fun non-gardening topics.

A cute joke ---

Postby evepet » Nov 25, 2008 4:42 pm

Billy Graham was returning to Charlotte after a speaking engagement.

When his plane arrived there was a limousine there to transport him to his home. As he prepared to get into the limo, he stopped and spoke to the driver. You know he said, I am 87 years old and I have never driven a limousine. Would you mind if I drove it for a while?

The driver said, no problem, have a go at it. Billy gets into the driver’s seat and they head off down the highway.

A short distance away sat a rookie State Trooper operating his first speed trap. The long black limo went by him doing 70 in a 55 mph zone.

The trooper pulled out and easily caught the limo; he got out of his patrol car to begin the procedure.

The young trooper walked up to the driver’s door and when the glass was rolled down, he was surprised to see who was driving. He immediately excused himself and went back to his car and called his supervisor. He told the supervisor, I know we are supposed to enforce the law... But I also know that important people are given certain courtesies. I need to know what I should do because I have stopped a very important person.

The supervisor asked, is it the governor? The young trooper said, no, he’s more important than that.

The supervisor said, oh, so it’s the president. The young trooper said, no, he’s even more important than that.

The supervisor finally asked, well then, who is it? The young trooper said, I think its Jesus, because he’s got Billy Graham for a chauffeur!”
'If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it.' W.C. Fields
evepet

Re: A cute joke ---

Postby Smitty » Nov 25, 2008 4:49 pm

LOL!!!! that is cute!!
""Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain."
Smitty BBS :-)
Smitty

Re: A cute joke ---

Postby butterfly » Nov 25, 2008 9:08 pm

Oh gad that is a hoot
lol,lol
Cheers Butterfly

Having a place to go - is a home. Having someone to love - is a family.
Having both - is a blessing."--Donna Hedges
butterfly

Return to Over the Garden Fence