Over the Garden Fence - Gardening Forums

I want one of these....stocking stuffer maybe?

Pull up a chair and grab a cup of Java for a cozy chat about what's on your mind and what's happening in your neck of the woods. This is a strictly for fun non-gardening topics.

I want one of these....stocking stuffer maybe?

Postby bluebird » Nov 27, 2008 7:07 pm

:lol: I came across this kewl gizmo while searching through Lee Valley's gift ideas....much better than chopping their legs off accidentally with my usual old margarine container and cardboard catcher combo.

I wish I would have thought of this idea! 8)

http://www.leevalley.com/gifts/page.aspx?c=1&p=56114&cat=4,104,55968&ap=7
bluebird

Re: I want one of these....stocking stuffer maybe?

Postby Ron Evers » Nov 27, 2008 7:45 pm

Saw a similar device yesterday @ Dollarama but with two fingers for reaching things in hard to get places. I said to Jeanne, "that would be good for retrieving cat toys from under the furniture".
Ron.

The wood is clear between the knots.
Ron Evers

Postby butterfly » Nov 27, 2008 8:20 pm

When I wa laaid up I got a thing called a, Reacher or grabber.

http://www.shopthatsit.com/prod.cfm/cid ... Ggodk1Ch9g

It has something like claws on it to pick up dishes , clothing etc

Now there is another one that will wrap around a glass, cup or anyting round

A similar idea as this only much stronger and many more uses, $17.99 no tax as you buy them at a health place where they sell canes and wheelchairs. No tax on these aids

A much stronger item mmade of metal. Mine is 8 year old and still going strong and I use it everyday

I think they are great for reaching up to a high shelf for anything or picking someting off the floor whiich I did when I couldn't bend over to pick up cat food dishes when I had the detached retina

I think any one should have one, Sure saves climbing on chairs etc and falls
Cheers Butterfly

Having a place to go - is a home. Having someone to love - is a family.
Having both - is a blessing."--Donna Hedges
butterfly

Postby Smitty » Nov 27, 2008 8:51 pm

another million dollar moment missed again Cars
my youngest daughter would definitely like one of those! and I'm just guessin anyone else who despises spiders :)
""Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain."
Smitty BBS :-)
Smitty

Postby bluebird » Nov 27, 2008 9:35 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: No-no Smitty!! ROTFLMBO!! It's for folks that don't mind spiders and want to rescue them safely for relocation...rather than having them IN the house. I draw the line at IN the house, but they are great gardener friends out IN the garden!

I suspect that people that don't like spiders likely just stomp on the little charmers.

Ron, that sounds like a handy device...I could have used one today for retrieving cans from behind the washing machine....long story..but I used the bbq tongs and some bad language and that seemed to work okay. :wink:
bluebird

Postby Smitty » Nov 27, 2008 10:46 pm

nope the dear daughter won't come in contact to even stomp one..she gets her son to remove it for her now. they do belong in the garden. maybe the boy would like one...bet he could have fun :)
""Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain."
Smitty

Postby Trailblaze1 » Nov 28, 2008 6:44 am

Interesting!....the only problem I have with it is, how long does one have to get it out the door before it jumps off....onto the floor, the furniture or yourself?

I have three of these, they work splendidly for spiders and all insects.

http://www.leevalley.com/garden/page.aspx?c=1&p=44895&cat=2,51555
Trailblaze is Diane Woodman
Trailblaze1

Postby Eeyore » Nov 28, 2008 11:52 am

I suspect that people that don't like spiders likely just stomp on the little charmers.

If they are in the house I do! Dog forbid they should jump off the sheet of paper onto me! :shock: Geez, I have shivers just thinking about it... :x
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby Lizcordysmum » Nov 28, 2008 8:49 pm

All y'all will be real glad you don't have to come and visit me. NOBODY kills spiders in my house, not upstairs or down. Spiders are welcome here: they catch and eat other insects that could bite me, you see.

No, the house is NOT infested with spiders.

And, occasionally, one WILL suddenly appear and startle the bejeezus out of me and I shriek and the spider and I both leap in the air startling all of the dogs.

Now, evil mean miserable horrible MOTHS are entirely different...from these I must be rescued...if one should happen to touch me, I carry on like a thing possessed and am shuddering right now at the very thought of it. URK. Outside is okay, as long as they don't touch me/inside ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!
Cordy's Mum, Liz
Rain Coast, BC Zone 7b/8a

Nae words, nae quarrel
Lizcordysmum

Postby Smitty » Nov 28, 2008 10:55 pm

oh thank you for the visual Liz. :D :D
and I agree totally with the moth situation :evil:
Smitty

Return to Over the Garden Fence