Over the Garden Fence - Gardening Forums

Too Much Black/recession . . .

Pull up a chair and grab a cup of Java for a cozy chat about what's on your mind and what's happening in your neck of the woods. This is a strictly for fun non-gardening topics.

Too Much Black/recession . . .

Postby Ron Evers » Dec 02, 2008 7:36 pm

Lee
I will believe a recession has hit Alberta when I start driving past Tim Horton outlets during business hours & their parking lots & drive throughs have NO cars in them.

I wonder what they put in their coffee to get folks addicted. I had it a couple times & found it nothing special, certainly no better than McDonalds.

I have a SisIL that carries a Tim's mug & wants to stop @ every Tim's she sees & it drives me crazy when she rides with us.
Ron.

The wood is clear between the knots.
Ron Evers

Re: Too Much Black . . .

Postby LeeInEdmonton » Dec 02, 2008 8:06 pm

I'm with you Ron & while I admit there is a variance from outlet to outlet, the few that I have been in I found the coffee weakish & their donuts soggy. I think Tim Horton's represent one of the most effective propaganda efforts in the country.

Lee
LeeInEdmonton

Re: Too Much Black . . .

Postby butterfly » Dec 02, 2008 9:42 pm

Tell me Lee

who are the a$$$ preaching recession in this county ins't it the government? I would love to stranled those jerks up
The more reporters talk about it the worse it gets, make me mad.

The media is our worse enemy

Tims is staying partly empty in my area and there are 13 stores here that would be full most of the time now barely half full

damn media is scaring everyone half to death ., No one is spending a cent That alone can trigger a recession But this area is always half poor anyway and one bad whisper and everyone freezes in time

Rememebr you live in a rich province so you can never compare one province as the other

Oh I am one that love tims french vanilla coffee, yep I see a huge difference in their coffee. Mc Donald's coffee, Barf Barf
Cheers Butterfly

Having a place to go - is a home. Having someone to love - is a family.
Having both - is a blessing."--Donna Hedges
butterfly

Re: Too Much Black/recession . . .

Postby Laura » Dec 03, 2008 1:03 pm

Did you know that you can buy "tim's" coffee in any grocery ?

Mom's the word.
Laura

Postby Trailblaze1 » Dec 03, 2008 8:08 pm

I used to like TimH's...until one day I ordered a banana muffin which had NO bananas in it. It tasted fake! I asked about it and was told that they now use flavoring to make the banana breads......most of the donuts are flavored with some kind of fakey stuff.

and I also find all their sweets way too sweet. At the very beginning, their rough-shaped apple fritters were so good, then they 'graduated' to flat squarish shapes.....BLECH. So disappointed in them.
Trailblaze is Diane Woodman
Trailblaze1

Postby butterfly » Dec 03, 2008 8:29 pm

I buy the fruit explosion muffins once a week or so and I always get real hunks of fruit including bananas

No fake stuff in mine. I love them. They taste like mine I bake excpet yes they use too much sugar
Cheers Butterfly

Having a place to go - is a home. Having someone to love - is a family.
Having both - is a blessing."--Donna Hedges
butterfly

Postby Venice » Dec 03, 2008 9:13 pm

Too bad they don't' actually make or bake anything anymore. Everything comes in already made and they just heat it up. They've sacrificed quality, but i guess they're busy enough that it's not bothering their business. I like their bagels w/ cream cheese, and their 'ice caps' but other then that I'm always disappointed.

Ven
Venice

Postby Eeyore » Dec 04, 2008 12:38 am

Those are the only things I like too Ven.
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Return to Over the Garden Fence