[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 1436: Undefined index: 26075
View topic - How to stay out of the doghouse.... p2 - Canadian Gardening

Over the Garden Fence - Gardening Forums

How to stay out of the doghouse....

Pull up a chair and grab a cup of Java for a cozy chat about what's on your mind and what's happening in your neck of the woods. This is a strictly for fun non-gardening topics.

Re: How to stay out of the doghouse....

Postby Pansy » Dec 04, 2008 11:03 pm

Our first Christmas together my Hubby bought me a coffee pot,a nice coffee pot,but a coffee pot.I guess I was not as pleased

as I should have been,so he started buying me Chocolates....for every special occation...birthday...easter...annivarsary & whatever.

He bought me so many darn Chocolates....that I now hate Chocolate anything.

Some guys just don't get it.He does ok now...only because he takes our DD shopping with him.

He's a real nice fellow....he just doesn't get it.Great father,grampa & Hubby so I guess I'll keep him. :D
Pansy
Zone 5 B
Pansy

Postby Katherine » Dec 04, 2008 11:35 pm

Betty... too funny. Its true though, sweet as they are they just dont get the connection. My husband is one of the most intelligent people I know, but he still gives me a divers watch for Christmas?

kat
Katherine

Postby Grannygardener » Dec 05, 2008 1:28 am

Guess I should have been happy with a new housecoat every Christmas.Had one for every day of the week. Trouble is I so seldom wear a housecoat and he didn't believe me when I said I didn't need any more.I finally learned to look for the bill and would return them each year. And he was never the wiser. Edie
I've spent most of my time in the garden,the rest I've wasted. Edie Zone4A, Ont.
Grannygardener

Postby Trailblaze1 » Dec 05, 2008 7:32 am

So funny!....

Edie: I also love the quote you posted about gardening.

The most doghouse-worthy gift my hubby ever gave me was a personalized, on-the-computer-made-by-himself, (took him 8 months to do and he never finished it) was an inventory program for all the books we owned. He later (many years later) admitted that he was just having fun, learning to use some new feature of his new fandangled computer! :shock:
Now he buys me chocolates and flowers, or worse: asks me what he should buy.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!!!
Trailblaze is Diane Woodman
Trailblaze1

Postby Ron Evers » Dec 05, 2008 8:33 am

Kat, why would you turn your nose up @ a nice watch?

OK, I watched the clip this morning & cannot figure out why the guys are in the dog house. They gave some very nice practical gifts. Seems there is no pleasing some women.
Ron.

The wood is clear between the knots.
Ron Evers

Postby Laura » Dec 05, 2008 9:16 am

Can't understand why a gal would not like a vaccum for christmas :roll: . . . and every guy would love some nice bath salts or a slinky something to wear in the bedroom. . :wink:
Laura

Postby Katherine » Dec 05, 2008 11:49 am

This thread is a scream! Ron, you eegit. Have you ever seen how ugly a divers watch is? And I already have 2! Bought by unohoo.

TB I damned near peed myself reading about your DH's book inventory program. Bruce did exactly the same thing almost 20 years ago. I read this to him, just now. and he said "You can buy that kind of software now" .

The thing about Doghousemen is they just dont get it.
Katherine

Postby butterfly » Dec 05, 2008 12:58 pm

I had to read Ron's response too and others

I remember DEerks sump pump. lol,lol

Yak!!! he would have gotton more than beer poured on him if it were me.

One year many years ago the fella I was dating for almost a year broke my toilet seat just before the holidays

Came Christmas and being the gracious person I am, I bought him a long gold chain , a charm for it, a couple of sweaters etc

When he opened the chain, his face turned more than beat red. I saw the look his daughter gave him oh oh!!

I opened his so excited as it was heavy I couldn't imgine what it would be

When I saw a new toilet seat I was shocked and disappointed and came close to throwing it at him.

I said nothing but I didn't need to to, he got the picture

he worked shifts and called me that nite from work and apoliged and said he was a practial man. I knew he was a bit tight but didn't think that tight

He told me he hated a woman who loved glitter, or anything jewllery, fancy clothes, etc but he sure beleived in the best for himself . He had it all , cameras etc. the very best.

he saw the package, it wore jewellery and had nice clothes. Me and he sure like that package soooo

Now I could understand why his 18 yr old daughter hadn't had a new coat since she was 12 and this was her first yr in university. she wanted a new coat so bad but I knew he didn't bite. So I her shopping the week before and bought the coat among others things and I had 3 teenagers of my own plus her younger sister and he made darn good money, a lot lot more than me.

when he called I said, see ya, when it comes Christmas I don't expect th world but I don't expect a tight wad of that degree either.

Greedy cheap mean who makes, big money or not I have no use for. A man on low income but thoughtful and a little gift is a whole lot different.
Last edited by Guest on Dec 05, 2008 2:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Cheers Butterfly

Having a place to go - is a home. Having someone to love - is a family.
Having both - is a blessing."--Donna Hedges
butterfly

Postby butterfly » Dec 05, 2008 1:06 pm

Ron Evers wrote:Kat, why would you turn your nose up @ a nice watch?

OK, I watched the clip this morning & cannot figure out why the guys are in the dog house. They gave some very nice practical gifts. Seems there is no pleasing some women.

I guess you are one man who will never get it Ron

A gift for a woman should be a personal one, something for her and only her and only she can use it. something she can wear like perfume, jewllery, a special braclet, diamond earrings ,a couple days at the spa. but never never give a woman something the house needs as vaccum or washer

Those things implies she in't looking aftet the home right and it is a tool for housework or yardwork and implies the man is only thinking of himself not her

Those things as a vaccum will come to the home anyway or should

Give her Something thoughtful that you put an effort into looking for and thinking of her only
Cheers Butterfly

Having a place to go - is a home. Having someone to love - is a family.
Having both - is a blessing."--Donna Hedges
butterfly

Postby Ron Evers » Dec 05, 2008 2:21 pm

This reminds me of another story.

We had a young female engineer doing her internship in our office who loved the out-of-doors & canoeing with her boyfriend. She broke up with him on account of what he gave her for her birthday - A yoke he handcrafted himself for her to portage with the canoe. I thought it was a great gift he made himself just for her. Oh well, I think he got lucky.
Ron.

The wood is clear between the knots.
Ron Evers

PreviousNext

Return to Over the Garden Fence