Over the Garden Fence - Gardening Forums

Petition regarding the newly-formed Coalition‏

Pull up a chair and grab a cup of Java for a cozy chat about what's on your mind and what's happening in your neck of the woods. This is a strictly for fun non-gardening topics.

Petition regarding the newly-formed Coalition‏

Postby Smitty » Dec 05, 2008 10:38 am

You may not agree with the present government but voting against this coalition is the right thing to do as consent will undermine all that our forefathers have worked hard to build: DEMOCRACY.

Approval of this coalition open's a 'Pandora's Box' and most importantly sends a clear message to our youth that their vote DOES NOT count.

(The best thing about Canada is that a democracy gives you the right to agree, sign & forward this e-mail, or disagree and delete )

Please take a moment to express your thoughts about our current political situation! PLEASE FORWARD to as many CANADIANS as possible.

No - this isn't a chain letter. No, you won't have good luck or win the lottery, but you may just get the opportunity to exercise your right to vote, instead of having your vote erased by those that claim to "know better" than we as the Canadian electorate.

Signing takes only a minute, forwarding just a second - the results can last a lifetime!

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/CANADIAN/petition.html
""Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain."
Smitty BBS :-)
Smitty

Re: Petition regarding the newly-formed Coalition‏

Postby Katherine » Dec 05, 2008 11:28 am

You may not agree with me on this, but the current government was a minority and unlike US law, in Canada, if a minority govt can not get along with the Opposition the Opposition has the right to call non confidence. In fact the Conservatives dissolved Parliament, and did not even give the Opposition the chance to vote on the bill that Conservatives wanted to pass. We actually are not a democracy, as in the USA, we are a monarchy still. Historically, coalition governments in Canada have been very efficient, they are part of our checks and balances in the case of a minority government. A minority governing party has had to include the Opposition in thier discussions. Steven Harper is hoping people will be outraged, but in fact it is the Conservatives who have been unable to follow our particularly Canadian rules.

kat
Katherine

Postby Countryboy » Dec 05, 2008 12:11 pm

K . . . I don't mind to discuss a bit of politics. As long as there's no name-calling. Oh . . and party dogma. :roll: We'll all get tired of that in the next weeks iff'n we're not tired of it already. lol

The really interesting thing here is that we had a minority gov't that was working. Well prior to the election the two biggest parties in the house were at odds with each other *as they should be* but there was business being done. The usual minority gov't stuff. Lots of squawking but some bills being passed.

It wasn't 'til the NDP accused the Liberals of 'rolling over' for the Conservatives that this whole thing become unmanageable. What many people saw as constructive cooperation was 'spun' by Jack Layton into something evil.

I've watched Jack Layton 'grow up' in T'rawnna and know his politics and his personality. I agree with his politics to a certain extent. We must look after the disadvantaged *for whatever reason* amongst us but he and I disagree on the amount of 'looking after' that we can afford. *Maybe it that he makes a lot more money than I do. :cry: lol*

A very dynamic man . . . I see his strong desire for power behind the creation of this coalition.

Frank . . ON5a
Adopt the pace of nature, her secret is patience.
.....Ralph Waldo Emmerson....

Frank . . ON5a
Countryboy

Postby butterfly » Dec 05, 2008 12:20 pm

I agree with you Frank

I see a very very greedy NDP power hunger person who is thinking of himself ONLY

POWER POWER is all he sees not the good of us Canadians and the good health of Canada

He sees the good health of his bank account only and his methods of getting it are sneaky . slippery and dangerous

All of this shows in his eyes. The mirror of his soul shines through

My guts feelings usually are true . I don't trust anything about Layton
Cheers Butterfly

Having a place to go - is a home. Having someone to love - is a family.
Having both - is a blessing."--Donna Hedges
butterfly

Postby Laura » Dec 05, 2008 12:41 pm

Countryboy wrote:
A very dynamic man . . . I see his strong desire for power behind the creation of this coalition.

Frank . . ON5a

You can see they are all hungry for power. . I just wish we could see a desire to serve. . after all they are supposed to be working for us.

Does Mr.Layton think he can get rid of Mr.Dion because a leadership change is in the works for the Liberals ?
Laura

Postby Katherine » Dec 05, 2008 1:01 pm

Likes and dislikes are one thing, and trust is another. I have to say it takes a special kind of person to go into politics in this country. They dont make any where near the kind of money that they would in private sector upper management. I actually think all of them have the good of the country in mind, even the libs and conservatives, who tend to be for big business, its just that they have different viewpoints about what is important.

We need them however. And we have important choices to make in the future, because we have big money problems coming up.
Katherine

Postby butterfly » Dec 05, 2008 2:06 pm

It appears to me, if thi country is in big toruble, then it hould be treated as a crisis

Then if we are in big trouble why are the politicans taking 2 months off

I call that quite the holiday and with pay

If they took their jobs seriously they would be working, "right now" instead of putting off the inevitable

I always did question the US bank bail outs but now I question the auto even more after what I heard on CNN last nite

The US bank bail out was a fraud which is one of the big reasons why the dragging of feet for the auto industry at the tax payer expense

So then there will be the forestry, the fishing, the medical industry and every other who thinks they can get free money screaming for bailouts

it will become a huge snowball all over like bad kids, one getting a hand out so why can't the rest go for it

It is not only don't trust any of the politicans I don't trust any of the company's CEO's either .None of them

They are playing us all for fools
Cheers Butterfly

Having a place to go - is a home. Having someone to love - is a family.
Having both - is a blessing."--Donna Hedges
butterfly

Postby Ron Evers » Dec 05, 2008 2:10 pm

Kat
They dont make any where near the kind of money that they would in private sector upper management.

And the assumption is that they would be competent for the position. I wonder.
Ron.

The wood is clear between the knots.
Ron Evers

Postby bluewillow » Dec 05, 2008 6:06 pm

I too have watched Smilin' Jack rise from city council person, provincial and now federally. His wife Olivia is also a MP in Ottawa. I too see greed.

bw
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason
bluewillow

Postby Eeyore » Dec 05, 2008 6:46 pm

I don't think this is personal for any of them at all. Like Kat, I think that they all really do want to do what is best for the coutry but their viewpoints are different. Now if they could just co-operate and come up with something workable instead of abandoning parliment for 2 months.... That's certainly not going to accomplish much.
Frank, I agree with you, how much is a hand out and how much is a hand up?
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Next

Return to Over the Garden Fence