Over the Garden Fence - Gardening Forums

So the fool - -

Pull up a chair and grab a cup of Java for a cozy chat about what's on your mind and what's happening in your neck of the woods. This is a strictly for fun non-gardening topics.

Re: So the fool - -

Postby bluebird » Dec 06, 2008 7:25 pm

OGrubber wrote:
butterfly wrote:But leave E green out of it, remember her office is 1 2 min from me and her home about the same distance.

I have prety good ideas what goes on with her party so the rumors go.

Let donations go to them but not my tAX $$$

Since I voted Green, - and believe you me, I worked hard for my tax bucks - maybe I should be privy to what goes on with her party - or what "so the rumours go".

Yes, do tell BF. I voted Green too for the first time, as the candidate for this area was someone I've known since high school days and who's reputation for honesty and integrity is beyond reproach. I'd certainly like to let him know what is being "rumoured" about his chosen party. Dick Hibma is very well liked and respected in this area and came in second in the last election easily beating out the Liberal and NDP candidates.
bluebird

Postby earwig » Dec 06, 2008 7:55 pm

BF, as a fellow Nova Scotian and just across the county line, I would like to know too. I have only heard good things about her and anyone I have talked to has nothing but respect for her. That does include a few people who also live in her riding.

They admire her sense of humour, her quick wit, her politics and the way she conducts herself.

Actually, quite a few people I met were wishing she had been able to trounce Peter.

Not having a Green Party candidate in my riding I chose to vote for Bill Casey who just happens to be about the only other politician I respect.
Betty
"The most serious gardening I do would seem very strange to an onlooker, for it involves hours of walking round in circles, apparently doing nothing." --Helen Dillon
earwig

Postby LeeInEdmonton » Dec 06, 2008 8:08 pm

We are going to be subject to a lot of minority Governments as long as a Provincial Party is allowed to elect members to the Federal Parliament.....namely The Bloc. The next Prime Minister should instruct Elections Canada to advise the Bloc that they will have to field plausible candidates in ALL Provinces or be down rated to a Provincial Party & banned from Federal election ballots & sitting in the Canadian Parliament.

Lee
LeeInEdmonton

Postby B_BQ » Dec 06, 2008 8:24 pm

LeeInEdmonton wrote:We are going to be subject to a lot of minority Governments as long as a Provincial Party is allowed to elect members to the Federal Parliament.....namely The Bloc. The next Prime Minister should instruct Elections Canada to advise the Bloc that they will have to field plausible candidates in ALL Provinces or be down rated to a Provincial Party & banned from Federal election ballots & sitting in the Canadian Parliament.
Lee

I agree with you completely.
~BBQ
Zone 5b
South/Central Ontario

Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day
~ Author Unknown
B_BQ

Postby butterfly » Dec 06, 2008 8:46 pm

Everyone has their own opinions about a candidate

M Green could be for you but not for me.
Cheers Butterfly

Having a place to go - is a home. Having someone to love - is a family.
Having both - is a blessing."--Donna Hedges
butterfly

Postby Katherine » Dec 06, 2008 9:13 pm

Inge and Carol, I too work very hard for the dollars that go the government, and i heard that a lot of people really respect the leader of the green party. I wish they had better candidates in the west. And yes i agree that a national party should in fact be national.

kat
Katherine

Postby Ron Evers » Dec 06, 2008 9:17 pm

LeeInEdmonton wrote:We are going to be subject to a lot of minority Governments as long as a Provincial Party is allowed to elect members to the Federal Parliament.....namely The Bloc. The next Prime Minister should instruct Elections Canada to advise the Bloc that they will have to field plausible candidates in ALL Provinces or be down rated to a Provincial Party & banned from Federal election ballots & sitting in the Canadian Parliament.

Lee

That is so right it will never happen.
Ron.

The wood is clear between the knots.
Ron Evers

Postby butterfly » Dec 07, 2008 2:28 pm

I have always heard E May was a very nice person until this past summer she lost her creditibility with the locals

I know extremly well, a very hard working and faithful worker for the liberals and I have known him 35 years or more and as a family friend.

As you know the liberals are not well represented for this past election and certainly not in this area . They had no one. It is PC all the way with the NDP getting stronger due to the fact the MP of who he is. He is Extremly well liked and respected man. His whole family is . In fact in a provincal election he gets my vote.

When the NDP makes a promise he sticks to it and has never never let this county or any one down. If they all worked as hard as Charile Parker, we all might get somewhere in this country. His word is worth more than all the diamonds and gold in the world and it does not matter if it is a mentally handicapped person or the major even witha tiny concern he will work as equal for both. he cannot be swayed by money or anything else. he is a great man.

But this past summer in secret phone calls etc, were made and this liberal person took it upon himself (he has the power) made it possible to have Dion come here to see May with a train full of promises all unknown to the public and she liked those offers . DEals were struck between them. A leak happened. Then the Bloc came to see her. As the Bloc has never had a speck of a chance in the Atlanitc although there are a fair amount of french in both ends of the province and NB

Then a press leak somehow.. But all the details were not published . .But us locals knew via the vines. This is a small area and news travels fast, good or bad.

Dion partied pretty hard with May . WE dont know if this woman is neive or what. she is not a stupid peron, she is a lawyer so she knows the laws.

But when a party leader is really supporting more than her own party, secretly , her creditibility went down the drain as far as we are concerned

The locals were not prepared to nor did we support her. Her support on election day did not come from this county. We felt very let down and deceived. She got her votes mainly from other parts of the country, not local . She did hope she would to bring P Mac kay down

That was the prupose of her moving here, We did not know her before that. She first moved to the next country East of here. to Antigonish county , very PC country but they didn't want her at all and made that very clear. so she moved here thinking she could fight mac kay and have him voted out. Her thoughts were living and working handy mac kay would give her a better chance to be known and defeat him. WE did think that also

who do you think fought for her to get on the debates?? Dion of course.

You do not have a party leader working for 2 parties at the same time and trying to keep one from the public. Back doors deals will kill all respect no matter who you are in this upside down backwards political arena

Her relationship with Dion is how she lost respect and creditibily in this area as a politian.

AS a person and as a woman she ""was"" very well liked. As a politian, no. not any more since the visits and deals from Dion

I never liked Dion . he is a weak politian. But all this soured many of us from her and Dion

We were disappointed and felt very let down. we thought new blood and a women of intergirty this was joy when she came here..

Locals some forgave, many haven't. I for one
Cheers Butterfly

Having a place to go - is a home. Having someone to love - is a family.
Having both - is a blessing."--Donna Hedges
butterfly

Previous

Return to Over the Garden Fence