Over the Garden Fence - Gardening Forums

My new kitty settling in

Pull up a chair and grab a cup of Java for a cozy chat about what's on your mind and what's happening in your neck of the woods. This is a strictly for fun non-gardening topics.

Re: My new kitty settling in

Postby joan w » Dec 06, 2008 4:34 pm

Oh ya, tb, he's smiling for sure. Love those eyes!
Image Image
joan w

Postby Trailblaze1 » Dec 06, 2008 5:59 pm

butterfly, your cats are indeed cuteypies if they are all those colors. I wouldn't mind if you wanted to borrow my new kittykoo for a few nights as he sometimes yowls pretty loudly when he gets lonely (or bored, or hungry, or......)

His eyes are not always that deep a green, it's the way the light hits them sometimes, like mine. DH says my eyes are the same color as this cat, which may be why I take to him so well.

The vet told me that the fat cheeks are due to not having been neutered early in life. He weighs about 12 pounds, is a large, muscular cat.
Trailblaze is Diane Woodman
Trailblaze1

Postby earwig » Dec 06, 2008 7:57 pm

Now that is one contented cat. I love the eyes too.
Betty
"The most serious gardening I do would seem very strange to an onlooker, for it involves hours of walking round in circles, apparently doing nothing." --Helen Dillon
earwig

Postby Blossom » Dec 06, 2008 8:11 pm

He is a beautiful cat. . .
"Life is like an onion - You peel off one layer at a time, and sometimes you weep."-Sandberg-
Blossom

Postby Trailblaze1 » Dec 07, 2008 12:02 pm

Here's my other wee cat (female runt) of similar color. Her eyes are amber always. She is so tiny though, weighs 9 pounds in wintertime, and looks so sweet always.

Now KittyKoo went off for a long walk this morning at 4AM, after fighting for an hour with the other two. I admit, I couldn't take it anymore and opened the door to let him go.

It's now 11AM and I just took a walk in the snows following his trail. He went deep into the woods across the road, where there are many watery spots. I suspect he visits a neighbour with 13 cats on the other road. Maybe it's she who turfed him out in the first place. I'm going to call her.
Trailblaze is Diane Woodman
Trailblaze1

Postby Eeyore » Dec 07, 2008 8:26 pm

I hope he comes back TB. He's a sweetie.
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby Sheikea » Dec 08, 2008 10:41 am

Love that pussycats face.What great character he will have once he gets more comfortable.Your other pussycat is a dear.Can tell she is a real charmer when it comes to her mom..
Sheikea

Previous

Return to Over the Garden Fence