Garden Gallery - Gardening Forums

Outdoor Urn

Show off your gardening photographs in our Garden Gallery of beautiful plants, stunning landscapes, garden pictures, and wildlife visitors.

Outdoor Urn

Postby Blossom » Dec 01, 2008 10:18 pm

Saturday was a pretty decent day, so I decided to try to put together the urns using some natural greenery. Some cedar clippings, white pine branches, pinecones and went over to the bush to get some sumac pods.
Attachments
November 2008 049.jpg
"Life is like an onion - You peel off one layer at a time, and sometimes you weep."-Sandberg-
Blossom

Re: Outdoor Urn

Postby earwig » Dec 02, 2008 6:19 am

That is lovely.
I like the red dogwood in arrangements. The yellow always looks good too but what I actually have my eye on, is my neighbour's corkscrew hazel.

Maybe today I will get a chance to start on mine. Christmas is a coming.
Betty
"The most serious gardening I do would seem very strange to an onlooker, for it involves hours of walking round in circles, apparently doing nothing." --Helen Dillon
earwig

Postby Blossom » Dec 02, 2008 10:57 am

Betty I'm waiting for my corkscrew willow trees to get a little bigger so I can snip some off too.
"Life is like an onion - You peel off one layer at a time, and sometimes you weep."-Sandberg-
Blossom

Postby Eeyore » Dec 02, 2008 11:30 am

Oh gosh! That is very nice Blossom!
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby bluebird » Dec 03, 2008 9:45 am

Very nice Blossom!!! ....and inspiring. Now I know what to do with my wire hangers at the front of the house to dress them up for the season!
bluebird

Postby Sharon Bryson » Dec 03, 2008 9:59 am

Hi Blossom.....a very festive urn.
Bluebird.....good to "see" you.
Cheers
Sharon
Antigonish, NS Zone 5b

"The fairest thing in nature, a flower, still has its' roots in earth and manure."
- D.H. Lawrence

http://sharon-willowgardenmusings.blogspot.com/
http://www.willowgarden.net/
Sharon Bryson

Postby bluebird » Dec 03, 2008 10:55 am

Hi Sharon! We're settling into our new home after a rather stressful move (understatement!) , but things are gradually getting back to what is passing for normal these days.

I miss my old gardens and particularly all the bird visitors, but plans are in the works for new gardens and birds are slowly starting to find the feeders here.

We'll be starting from scratch with the new gardens next spring, so all advice will be most welcome!! I will be dealing with a serious drainage problem in the back of the yard I've already noted. Perhaps it will be the time to create a bog garden-lol.

We did manage to build a nice little 10' x 16' garden shed and got the roof shingled on it just before the snow arrived...now we are in a holding pattern until spring.

Blossoms shared idea is most welcome as it's a great way to do a little outdoor "gardening" in winter!
bluebird

Postby Eeyore » Dec 03, 2008 11:41 am

Oh! A bog garden. That would be very exciting!

Ooops sorry, don't want to derail this thread so I'll just say how much I admire this urn again. :wink:
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby Rosarian » Dec 04, 2008 10:31 am

Nice touch .I like the urn at the entrance ,looks good.
Thanks for sharing it with us.

Bill
Rosarian

Postby joan w » Dec 07, 2008 12:49 pm

Your urn is so welcoming Blossom. I hope it stays cold enough for it to last you into the new year.
Image Image
joan w

Return to Garden Gallery