Over the Garden Fence - Gardening Forums

It is so heavy

Pull up a chair and grab a cup of Java for a cozy chat about what's on your mind and what's happening in your neck of the woods. This is a strictly for fun non-gardening topics.

Re: It is so heavy

Postby Pansy » Dec 08, 2008 11:45 pm

BF when I quite after 39 years,I decided to use 2 things.Tic-Tacs...only 1 &1/2 calories

& I could pop one in my mouth whenever.The other was mint toothpicks,they really helped

it gives you something to do with your hands....fiddling with that toothpick.And also it

helps to have something in your mouth.It is one of the best things I ever did for myself.

That was 18 years ago.
Pansy
Zone 5 B
Pansy

Postby Sheikea » Dec 09, 2008 10:11 am

Looked like a good excuse to me for staying at home..Heehehe I honestly don't llike winter at all. :(
Sheikea

Postby butterfly » Dec 09, 2008 10:14 am

Oh I love winter so very much it is soooo pretty, looking from the inside out, Only. lol,lol

as long as I can stay inside

BTW thanks for the encouragement I need it

I hoped I would gain some with eating so many Mars bars but NOT. lost what I did gain. drats.
Cheers Butterfly

Having a place to go - is a home. Having someone to love - is a family.
Having both - is a blessing."--Donna Hedges
butterfly

Postby Sheikea » Dec 09, 2008 10:19 am

You will gain ,just be patient it will take time.Keep up the good work with the no smoking,you will feel so much better once it kicks in and everything will smell better as well,cloths wise and such what a difference it will make. :D
Sheikea

Postby butterfly » Dec 09, 2008 10:23 am

Sheikea

My washer and dryer has been pretty busy washing all my clothes

when everything in this house is washed then I will be happy

May take me all winter to do drapery etc but it will get done
Cheers Butterfly

butterfly

Postby Laura » Dec 09, 2008 10:25 am

So glad you are quitting BF it is hard I know but worth the trouble for sure.Keep up the good work.

My hubby quit in may.
Laura

Postby MareE » Dec 09, 2008 12:27 pm

butterfly wrote:I spent the most of afteroon watching 3 doe playing around in the snow and eating the apples from the tree and digging in the garden for supper I still have carrots, parsnips and chard in the garden

And the dainty does left you something to cook, BF? NICE deer you have there in Pictou County. LOL Look forward to your pics. Could I go for a feed of Swiss chard about now. Tuck yourself in, batten down the hatches, etc etc and I won't mention your giving up smoking. Good luck and mean that heartily. It's amusing watching old flicks and sitcoms where everyone smoked ciggies...some more elegantly than others. Doctor offering pregnant lady a smoke, two of them puffing away contentedly during the examination. My Mom recalls her childhood dentist who did the Andy Capp routine, ashes dribbling down his dentist smock during the visits.

Mare;o} awaiting signal for DIGGING OUT BF!!! laffs
~do not make tragedies of trifles ~ do not shoot butterflies with rifles~author unknown~
MareE

Postby butterfly » Dec 09, 2008 12:34 pm

I am going to tell you I certainly enjoy my smokes, no kidding and I am having problems getting them out of mind, even while on this Champix meds that is supposed to take all that away and more

Dam plastic catch on the cmera that holds the batteries in place, broke a while back

I was holding the darn thing with my thumbs while taking deer pic

I lost all the pic of the deer at the apple tree, garden and playing around

I don't have one with the 3 of them together I am so upset because they were so aware I was taking the pic and very intereted watching me just 25-30 fet away and now I don't have the best pic just the worse ones. cry cry
Cheers Butterfly

butterfly

Postby MareE » Dec 09, 2008 12:54 pm

There'll be multitudinous photo ops for your dear deer, BF. You've painted a mind picture of them in meantime.

I make no secret that I'm a smoker but have cut down A LOT in the last year. Kept a journal/daytimer since was a Brownie and on December 31st of current year write 10 resolutions which I reluctantly look at 365/366 days later. Not many ticked off. And no I wasn't a smoking Brownie. SPRITEful chuckles

You and anyone wanting to quit the cancer stick surely have a great support group here.

Mare;o}
~do not make tragedies of trifles ~ do not shoot butterflies with rifles~author unknown~
MareE

Postby butterfly » Dec 09, 2008 2:40 pm

Thanks Mare

I am not jittery as I have been before

still not sleeping well tho, wake up every 2-3 hours and going at cleaning anything and everything to keep my mind busy

Have no problems keeping my hand busy with work and knitting , lol,lol just my mouth wanting that inhaling action. lol,lol and straws don't work for me Havr that feeling I am missing somthing

Guess I better get the tic tacs, lol,lol
Cheers Butterfly

butterfly

PreviousNext

Return to Over the Garden Fence