Over the Garden Fence - Gardening Forums

Attention Liz

Pull up a chair and grab a cup of Java for a cozy chat about what's on your mind and what's happening in your neck of the woods. This is a strictly for fun non-gardening topics.

Re: Attention Liz

Postby MareE » Dec 09, 2008 2:57 am

See hint of a barn roofline in third shot, Betty. Wondrous triptich in "almost" B/W! Urge to explore the trails. May I borrow your snow shoes?

MareE;o}
~do not make tragedies of trifles ~ do not shoot butterflies with rifles~author unknown~
MareE

Postby testing » Dec 09, 2008 5:49 am

Thank you all,
and Ron, you better clean your own glasses. Those were not on B&W function although with the wind whipping the snow around, the really bad lighting, and my very cold fingers - it is a wonder you can actually make out the trees. Click the last picture and you should see when it is larger, the orange paint on the rebar marking the edge of the road there.

Still looking for the "barn" that Mare sees in that last picture as the barn is in another direction. Maybe my shed's roof is what she sees.

We didn't get a lot of snow, it was just that the temperature dropped and it turned from rain to snow so stuck to everything. Thankfully it was snow and not freezing rain.

Temperatures go back up tonight so I didn't even bother doing that much shovelling.
Betty, who is user earwig, but that account is not being cooperative.
testing

Postby B_BQ » Dec 09, 2008 8:56 am

I took another closer look at the pics Betty, clicking each one a couple of times. (Gosh, that is such a nice feature). And it was then easy to confirm that these were not B & W pics at all. The bark on the trees is gorgeous - and the rebar red really stands out.
But that's a lot of white snow!
~BBQ
Zone 5b
South/Central Ontario

Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day
~ Author Unknown
B_BQ

Postby Ron Evers » Dec 09, 2008 9:04 am

I knew it was not B&W but it looked close.
Ron.

The wood is clear between the knots.
Ron Evers

Postby Trailblaze1 » Dec 09, 2008 9:08 am

We had better not be tired of snow already!....winter has just begun. Actually, it's still officially autumn....hard to believe eh?

I love your pics Betty, and had to enlarge one to see the orange rebar. And thank you for clearing up my curiosity about who this new person named 'testing' might be. It's the first thing I noticed on opening to the forum.

We are in for some strange weather next two days, with a low and a high pressure system hitting together. Right now at 8AM it's snowing that stinging stuff, I will document each phase of it in pics today. They say we'll get freezing rain tonight, then heavy snow again tomorrow atop the ice. Glad we don't really NEED to get out for 2 days. Our next planned trip to town is Wednesday, when we visit Dump 'n Donuts. (remember Dunkin' Donuts?).
Hubby always likes a donut treat after a gruelling trip to dump off our weekly garbage and recycling.
Trailblaze is Diane Woodman
Trailblaze1

Postby joan w » Dec 09, 2008 9:24 am

Gorgeous snow pictures Betty. Hope you're back to normal soon and can pack in the psychiatrist.
Image Image
joan w

Postby Smitty » Dec 09, 2008 10:10 am

oh I could look at beautiful snow pictures all day. pictures I like..the real stuff well you know.
should have read a few more threads before I asked how folks new test was you. hoping you find yourself again soon Betty..if not maybe orchidguy could give you a discount rate on your treatments :)
""Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain."
Smitty BBS :-)
Smitty

Postby MareE » Dec 09, 2008 6:22 pm

testing wrote:Still looking for the "barn" that Mare sees in that last picture as the barn is in another direction. Maybe my shed's roof is what she sees.

A line longer than a regular shed's roof would be, Betty. Wishful thinking. Wanted to see a blurry barn roof line and did. Perchance it's a squirrel highway=hydro line. LOL

Mare;o}
~do not make tragedies of trifles ~ do not shoot butterflies with rifles~author unknown~
MareE

Postby Lizcordysmum » Dec 09, 2008 7:29 pm

I am here at long last...computers in this household are being absolute snails and I am not dealing well with frustration these days...Betty, pls send psychiatrist the minute you are finished-with!

LOVE your snowy photos, and I did NOT think they were B&W...it's the same colour scheme here for sky and surround altho not one single flake outside of myself and the coconut in the fridge exists.

The winds howl. The rains soak everything. My wind allergies are activated. My quit smoking drug is working...today is the NINTH smokeless day...but colour me Blue.

I would love to go walking along those open spaces/trails/roads you pictured so beautifully. And while I didn't see anything barn like, I am convinced there is a bunny running down the road ahead of you!

Thank you for thinking of me,
Signed: Snowless on the Wet Coast
Cordy's Mum, Liz
Rain Coast, BC Zone 7b/8a

Nae words, nae quarrel
Lizcordysmum

Postby Pansy » Dec 09, 2008 11:31 pm

All the more power to you Liz...giving up the smokes,it's not easy,but don't give in

to that green monster.The reason I quite was my cousin...she said "if I can do it you can do it.And I did it...

so I'm saying the same to you our Liz...If I did it so can you.Keep your chin up & fight...fight...fight.
Pansy
Zone 5 B
Pansy

PreviousNext

Return to Over the Garden Fence