Over the Garden Fence - Gardening Forums

A few more birdie arrivals...

Pull up a chair and grab a cup of Java for a cozy chat about what's on your mind and what's happening in your neck of the woods. This is a strictly for fun non-gardening topics.

Re: A few more birdie arrivals...

Postby Pansy » Dec 09, 2008 11:12 pm

Thanks for sharing BB,hope lots of birdies find you in your new

new home.I wish you Warblers..Finches..Woodpeckers...& any others you can think of.

God Bless
Pansy
Zone 5 B
Pansy

Postby bluebird » Dec 10, 2008 12:52 am

Thanks Edie & Laura!

Thanks Marsi (lol...yeah, those spool crocheters' that make little wool noodles would do just fine!)

Thanks Ron. Yes, two youngish Manitoba Maples in the yard and I'm not thrilled with them. But the two nice sized Red Oaks, a beautiful healthy birch and some kind of pine more than make up for them. There is also a poor 30' maple (not Manitoba) in the front yard that is half dead and looking quite sad. I guess something got it and it will have to come down. :-( But you can sure I'm going to give an Eastern Redbud a try here. They are supposed to be Z5 and I can give it a sheltered location. I plan to plant a LOT more trees in the back.

Thanks Joan for whoo-wooing with me! :D

Hi Dan, I don't believe we've met so belated welcome to the forum! Believe me, I sure don't keep everything I photograph and have had lots of bird arse moments-lol For me, photographing birds is a bit of an addiction! I guess I know who to ask for orchid advice in future!

Thanks Smitty, BF, Lizzy and Pansy dears!
bluebird

Postby butterfly » Dec 10, 2008 10:23 am

I have a white breasted nuthatch this am

So jitterty

I took 9 pic but he scattered with each one

First time I saw one. I have the red breasted for a coupple of years

His belly is so white I know it is a nuthatch because he went down the tree upside down like the red one
Cheers Butterfly

Having a place to go - is a home. Having someone to love - is a family.
Having both - is a blessing."--Donna Hedges
butterfly

Previous

Return to Over the Garden Fence