Over the Garden Fence - Gardening Forums

The move is done!!!

Pull up a chair and grab a cup of Java for a cozy chat about what's on your mind and what's happening in your neck of the woods. This is a strictly for fun non-gardening topics.

The move is done!!!

Postby Koot » Dec 10, 2008 7:44 pm

Today was the day! MIL is now in her trailer, when I left her she had just washed a load of dollies and was now ironing them. Giggle
She seemed very happy. She was talking about getting her Christmas ornaments up!!!! It is so encouraging.
Yesterday DH was curling at 10:00am and I had a belly dancing gig at 1:00, so I told her I was taking her down since neither of us would be home she might as well be at the trailer. (smart move) Anyway I left her there. Now I diverse, her neighbours were druggies and have been evicted. But they left a cat. I asked Mom if she would take the cat and she said yes.
So meet Thumper

Anyway when Mom took a break from all her unpacking, Thumper came up and sat on her knee.
When I came home from dancing I knew she was still at the house and I wanted to run away from home, but she said I am moving down tomorrow. She told me about the cat and she was so excited.
So.......... the bedroom walls are washed and the rug is shampooed, I have my space back.
Now about my belly dancing gig......... way back when ..... years ago when I first danced we had a 65 year old lady come to class. Yesterday was her 90th birthday, so we went and danced at her party.
She is the one in the red top and black skirt. Some times life is great.

We dance again on Saturday for a Christmas party, WOW I have my space back,GRIN!
KOOT (not the old, either) Libby zone 5
Cares melt when you kneel in your garden.
Koot

Re: The move is done!!!

Postby B_BQ » Dec 10, 2008 7:55 pm

Oh yes, yippee eye oh, or is that eh?
Whatever, it sounds as though all the patience and hard work is paying off. Your MIL is happy and you.....well! :lol:
Go dance girl!
~BBQ
Zone 5b
South/Central Ontario

Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day
~ Author Unknown
B_BQ

Postby joan w » Dec 10, 2008 8:00 pm

That woman is just fantastic - bet she's on her toes - figuratively speaking. he he

So the cat saved the day. Glad you're getting things back to normal, well, almost normal. he he
Image Image
joan w

Postby Trailblaze1 » Dec 10, 2008 10:19 pm

You bellydance, Kat? That is so kool! Which one is you?
Trailblaze is Diane Woodman
Trailblaze1

Postby Eeyore » Dec 10, 2008 11:07 pm

Koot is Libby, She and Kat are neighbours of a sort...They both live in the Kootneys. Kat's in Castlegar and Libbyis near Trail. Sometimes it's hard to keep everyone straight! :roll: When I first came on board I kept mixing Inge and MareE up.... :shock: They laughed with me about it and were good sports thankfully. :D

Koot, great news and welcome back! You've been missed! Looks like a great way to spend a 90th birthday!
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby testing » Dec 11, 2008 6:30 am

I love the colours of the fabrics in the outfits. Dressed in those bright and flowing fabrics could not help but make anyone dance.
Betty, who is user earwig, but that account is not being cooperative.
testing

Postby MareE » Dec 11, 2008 9:37 am

Eeyore wrote:When I first came on board I kept mixing Inge and MareE up.... :shock: They laughed with me about it and were good sports thankfully.

No recall of that, Lyn.;o} But as seasonal hols approach, that's just normal. laffs I do remember that Sheikea is also an accomplished belly dancer.

Libby, what an excellent time you had! Yep, people in their '90s know how to dance. I may never have a MIL but will surely keep in mind that a cat will solve most of the probs. She's a sweetie, that Thumper. Round of applause for the cat!

MareE;o}
~do not make tragedies of trifles ~ do not shoot butterflies with rifles~author unknown~
MareE

Postby Trailblaze1 » Dec 11, 2008 9:49 am

Does bellydancing get the fat off a belly? How does one take one's fat belly out dancing (not that I would know about fb's... :roll: Ok, I'll fess up...I've been watching one grow as I sit at the 'puter each day. It just sits in my lap and laughs at me )
Trailblaze is Diane Woodman
Trailblaze1

Postby Smitty » Dec 11, 2008 10:47 am

congratulations on retrieving your space Libby!!!! thank dawg for that beautiful kitty.
bellydancing...........you go girls!!!!

correct me if I'm wrong but isn't a little pudge around the middle a good thing for belly dancing? thought I'd heard that somewhere
smitty who doesn't belly dance but...........could use it as an excuse for the pudgy middle :)
""Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain."
Smitty BBS :-)
Smitty

Postby Sheikea » Dec 11, 2008 8:15 pm

Bellydancing is a great form of exercise and its fun so you don't even realize the workout you are getting.I am glad you have your space back.Every bellydancer needs her own space to broaden her dancing abilities.Is that you in the Blue ? :)
Sheikea

Return to Over the Garden Fence