Over the Garden Fence - Gardening Forums

Guess what....

Pull up a chair and grab a cup of Java for a cozy chat about what's on your mind and what's happening in your neck of the woods. This is a strictly for fun non-gardening topics.

Guess what....

Postby LeeInEdmonton » Dec 10, 2008 11:33 pm

The powers that be that own this forum also own another two gardening forums & a woodworking forum. This format has now shown up on their woodworking forum complete with the flaws. In fact I bet all of their forums have been converted spreading the flaws like a virus.
I now suspect that what you see is now what you get. I hope they didn't actually pay somebody to design this mess.

Lee
LeeInEdmonton

Re: Guess what....

Postby Ron Evers » Dec 10, 2008 11:38 pm

Some measure of success has been accomplished Lee; I can now log in from the index page thanks to the efforts of William. However, the remember me button does not work & I have to log in every time as before.
Ron.

The wood is clear between the knots.
Ron Evers

Postby Eeyore » Dec 11, 2008 10:45 am

I'm having the same problem with "Remember Me"
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby Smitty » Dec 11, 2008 10:49 am

no problems logging in here. I run firefox so it 'remembersme' here but......................I have issues with avatar right now
""Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain."
Smitty BBS :-)
Smitty

Postby LeeInEdmonton » Dec 11, 2008 2:23 pm

Yeah....& the forum jump doesn't work either. If you want to go back to Over the Garden fence....you gotta scroll up to the top of the page click on forums, then click on Over the garden fence. I'm amazed that they would spread a flawed forum program to their other forums before they have completed corrections.

Lee
LeeInEdmonton

Postby Ron Evers » Dec 11, 2008 3:31 pm

LeeInEdmonton wrote:Yeah....& the forum jump doesn't work either. If you want to go back to Over the Garden fence....you gotta scroll up to the top of the page click on forums, then click on Over the garden fence. Lee

No you don't Lee, just click on over the fence directly to the left of forum jump.
Ron.

The wood is clear between the knots.
Ron Evers

Postby LeeInEdmonton » Dec 11, 2008 4:51 pm

Yup...the top one works but the bottom of the page one doesn't.
With the latter if your in Over The Garden Fence & want to jump to Plant Talk, on the bottom forum jump bring up Plant Talk & click on it , things "blink" but your still in Over The Garden Fence.

Lee
LeeInEdmonton

Postby OGrubber » Dec 12, 2008 10:07 am

The jump to box at the bottom of the page has never worked, Lee.
Lots of gremlins at work today - can't log in except via a post reply. Post reply freezes and refreshes itself every few words typed, and if I'm lucky, this will actually post when I hit submit instead of telling me the forum I selected does not exist. Sheesh!!!
Market Gardening - Just another day at the plant.
OGrubber

Return to Over the Garden Fence