Over the Garden Fence - Gardening Forums

xmas village & tree

Pull up a chair and grab a cup of Java for a cozy chat about what's on your mind and what's happening in your neck of the woods. This is a strictly for fun non-gardening topics.

xmas village & tree

Postby Venice » Dec 11, 2008 7:24 pm

Well I didn't know if I was going to get around to doing the village this year. But I managed hehe. I crammed it all together instead of having two areas, because I had no choice. So ya it's a lil crowded, but in all that snow no one wants to have to walk too far.

The tree I put up last night. I'm very happy with my new tree skirt, it's velvet and really nice. Gizmo loves it and tries to nap on it. That part I don't mind, but he does get in trouble when he tries to play with the tassels hahaha.

The pics are on my blog. http://veniceit.blogspot.com/

Ven
Venice

Re: xmas village & tree

Postby joan w » Dec 11, 2008 7:48 pm

Really nice Ven. It looks quite large - how much space does it cover? I admire the villages but have no patience to do one myself. Besides, Kelsy would probably wreck havoc with it. he he
Image Image
joan w

Postby B_BQ » Dec 11, 2008 7:53 pm

Very nice Ven.
Your tree is also lovely. Next Christmas is going to be very different, and very special! Baby's first Christmas!
~BBQ
Zone 5b
South/Central Ontario

Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day
~ Author Unknown
B_BQ

Postby Sheikea » Dec 11, 2008 8:07 pm

Lovely display Venice.I think I may have a few of those houses myself..Merry Christmas. :D
Sheikea

Postby Venice » Dec 11, 2008 8:27 pm

hahhah ya I think it is a bit big. I have it on my two sidebar tables so it's the length of the couch, and about 2 1/2 ft deep or so. I usually do the smaller houses in that area. And then I put the two larger houses and the vertical village on another one. But now I don't have that other table, so they all had to scrunch together.

I think it actually was faster or about as fast to do the village, as it was to do the tree hehehe. Usually I'm a lot more particular, this year I didn't care, so I just tossed it all together hehe.

Next year is going to be soooo much fun. She's really gonna love the village, and the train on the tree. Gizmo's not to sure about any of it, (well except the tree skirt). I'll probably need to have some help next year setting it up ahhaha.

Ven
Venice

Postby kelly_m » Dec 11, 2008 9:30 pm

Absolutely beautiful skirt!!! where'd you get it???

And is that a train track????

My boys would love it!
Kelly
Zone 5a/b

OLD GARDENERS NEVER DIE. THEY JUST SPADE AWAY
kelly_m

Postby Venice » Dec 11, 2008 9:40 pm

ohh ya everyone loves the train. For some reason no matter where you start it, it always stops at the back of the tree hehehe. It's only an engine with 3 cars, but it's very cute.

You can get them at Fortinos. You just hook the base on the trunk of your tree, and snap the supports, and then the track. We have a fake tree, so hubby just leaves the base hooked up on it, makes it easy. You can put it on the floor around the base of the tree too if you want. We've had it 4 years now I think and it's still going strong, and we haven't had to change the battery. Also you can put a lil drop of olive oil, in the smoke stack, and it'll smoke as it goes around ehehe.

I got the tree skirt at Homesense last year on sale. It was a great price. I was in the store today and they have an entire rack of really lovely ones. I was like ohhh I can't look I already have one ehehe. I've seen some really cheesy/tacky ones in other stores. Mine was reg priced $49 in the store and I got it 75% off. I think it's still worth the $49, 'cause I'll have it for years.

Ven
Venice

Postby Smitty » Dec 12, 2008 12:20 am

really like your christmas village ! mine is in the rubbermaid tote for this year ...no room. grandchildren would love the train in your tree!! and the boys would be right there with Gizmo nappin on that fantastic tree skirt!
""Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain."
Smitty BBS :-)
Smitty

Postby Trailblaze1 » Dec 12, 2008 9:52 am

So pretty - a wonderland!

My DD has a black pug and treats it like a son.
Trailblaze is Diane Woodman
Trailblaze1

Postby Eeyore » Dec 12, 2008 11:39 am

Very nice village Ven! Nice tree and skirt too. Poor Gizmo looks so sad that he can't chew on the tassels. LOL!
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Next

Return to Over the Garden Fence