Garden Seed Exchange - Gardening Forums

New 2008 Seedlist

Forget the seed catalogues. Trading seeds is a great way to expand your garden with new plants, flowers, fruits, vegetables, shrubs, and trees.

New 2008 Seedlist

Postby Sharon Bryson » Nov 22, 2008 11:43 pm

Hi Folks:
We have posted our 2008 "Saved Seeds" list on our Willow Garden website.
http://www.willowgarden.net/page2/2008_SavedSeeds.html
Feel free to peruse.
Cheers
Sharon
Antigonish, NS Zone 5b

"The fairest thing in nature, a flower, still has its' roots in earth and manure."
- D.H. Lawrence

http://sharon-willowgardenmusings.blogspot.com/
http://www.willowgarden.net/
Sharon Bryson

Re: New 2008 Seedlist

Postby orchidguy » Dec 09, 2008 12:26 am

Sharon, the pics are beautiful and the Rhodos are smashing. Do you put out a pricelist for seeds? If so I would be very interested. I have been a Rhodo grower for years and have made most of my purchases from Greer Gardens in the States. I think it is due time to start these wonderful shrubs from seed. My success in seed starting with rhodos is mediocre at best, yet have no problems starting my pieris from seed....go figure. I would indeed be very interested in the products you have to offer. If there is anything you are looking for, let me know. The database of plants is just too large to list. Thank You
Dan
orchidguy

Postby Sharon Bryson » Jan 06, 2009 10:38 am

Hi Dan:
We don't sell our home seeds, so you are welcome to try what you like.Bill has been growing Rhodies & Azalaes from seed for quite a few years. His main interest is in the little plants....keeps him occupied during the winter.
Later on there will be a "sale" Exchange via the Atlantic Rhododendron & Horticultural Soc.which we administer.
I haven't looked at this "room" for awhile.
There is an email attached to the list if you have further enquiries.
Cheers
Sharon
Antigonish, NS Zone 5b

"The fairest thing in nature, a flower, still has its' roots in earth and manure."
- D.H. Lawrence

http://sharon-willowgardenmusings.blogspot.com/
http://www.willowgarden.net/
Sharon Bryson

Postby Sheikea » Jan 14, 2009 10:00 am

Sharon I sent you a email last night.I hope you get it.Maybe I am too late as well and thats ok I was looking through your lovely list and its was amazing. :D
Sheikea

Postby Sheikea » Jan 29, 2009 6:15 pm

OMG Sharon,I got the seeds today.I saw your name on there and I was as excited as a kid in the candy shop.Thank you soooo much I really do appreicate it.Huge hugs and flower bloomage.LOL....I can hardly wait to plant the waiting is killing me..I'll be sending a little something back in return so watch the mail.. :D
Sheikea

Postby Smitty » Jan 29, 2009 6:21 pm

that's what I came home to night before last after a yucky day on the job. was so nice to see!! thanks Sharon!
""Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain."
Smitty BBS :-)
Smitty

Postby Sheikea » Jan 31, 2009 11:37 am

Sharon in case you missed my question in plant talk I was wondering the winter sowing ,can the seeds you sent me be done this way and ummmm what does @20 mean is that the tempature??Hehee... :)
Sheikea

Postby calliesmum » Feb 19, 2009 3:19 pm

Wow, what a list, I can't imagine how beautiful your garden must be.
I love this place, it's forums, it projects and ideas swap and especially it's pictures, I have learned so much and am so hooked on gardening.

I too sent you an email Sharon, and hope I am not too late, I had ripped up my front lawn and eagerly await spring to see to get working on it, Yahooo.

thanks to you Sharon, and everyone else that make my winter "endurable" winterpeg is cold and feels long and I am starting some seeds this afternoon and looking forward to warmth and excitement of summer.
calliesmum

Postby Smitty » Feb 25, 2009 11:37 am

calliesmom.......just caught this post..you're in winterpeg?..I'm just up the road in plap
""Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain."
Smitty BBS :-)
Smitty

Postby calliesmum » Feb 26, 2009 1:19 pm

Oh my Sharon, I just got my "package" and I am sooooooooo excited. I will send some stamps in the mail, Thank you for your generouslity. I can't wait for summer, it is all a girl has to look forward to during these cold winters brrrrrr,,,

Smitty, I sat there and thought, "what is plop?" is that Portage La Prairie? Winterpeg and Plap, see what us Manitoban's do when they are cold and bored? What nicknames hee hee
calliesmum

Next

Return to Garden Seed Exchange