Garden Gallery - Gardening Forums

ALPHABET SOUP ~~J

Show off your gardening photographs in our Garden Gallery of beautiful plants, stunning landscapes, garden pictures, and wildlife visitors.

Re: ALPHABET SOUP ~~J

Postby Lulu » Feb 08, 2009 8:52 pm

Brenda, is the Japanese Anemone also known as Pasque flower?
Lulu

Postby B_BQ » Feb 08, 2009 9:00 pm

Lulu: Yes it is. I also have the white/cream version. I don't know which I like better! :roll:
~BBQ
Zone 5b
South/Central Ontario

Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day
~ Author Unknown
B_BQ

Postby Lulu » Feb 08, 2009 9:06 pm

I have both the white and the purple, but, they sure don't grow much for me; have tried several different areas, and,,nada!

I pass a house on my way to work that has a monster one in a little triangle flower bed on their front (steeply sloped) lawn. I fell in love with it, so, one day, went to the door to ask what it was.

That was 8 years ago,,her one plant just keeps getting bigger, and my plants still look like juvies?? Your's looks very robust. Any secrets to making them grow bigger, Brenda?
Lulu

Postby B_BQ » Feb 08, 2009 9:15 pm

Lulu:
I don't have any magic elixir. The purple one I brought from my other house. It's on the north side of this house and seems to like it. The white/creamy ones are also in quite a bit of shade, with a fair amount of late afternoon sun. They're only 2 years old and are doing very well indeed. I don't baby them at all though they do get watered regularly with the sprinkler system.
~BBQ
Zone 5b
South/Central Ontario

~ Author Unknown
B_BQ

Postby DonnaZn2SK » Feb 09, 2009 2:13 am

I'll add my Jackmanii to the mix. It had light green leaves last summer...not sure if it was deficient in something...

Jacob's Ladder
DonnaZn2SK

Postby MareE » Feb 09, 2009 2:45 am

Stunning Js and every letter preceding, gardeners! I didn't take many pix this year (well, last year) and hope to get whatever I did take sorted before the Soup reaches Ms. Adoring each and every flavourful addition. Especially Savona's greenhouse. Now, that was a dreamy ingredient! heavenly sigh

MareE;o} supposed to be a veggiehead
~do not make tragedies of trifles ~ do not shoot butterflies with rifles~author unknown~
MareE

Postby B_BQ » Feb 09, 2009 2:25 pm

I was searching for more Ks, when I came across this JACKMANI. This was in the courtyard of my previous home and I had to leave it behind! :cry: I also had a Jackmanii Superba in a different part of the garden, which I also had to leave behind! :cry: :cry:
~BBQ

Zone 5b
South/Central Ontario

~ Author Unknown
B_BQ

Postby Smitty » Feb 09, 2009 6:38 pm

can't find any j pics tho I do have j's in the gardens...yours are lovely tho
""Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain."
Smitty BBS :-)
Smitty

Postby Smitty » Feb 09, 2009 6:46 pm

ok so I suffer from 'sometimers' was going thru pics looking for k's and found this Jens Munk shrub rose..........how could I ever forget her. gardening catalogues say she gets as big as 3 -4 feet..I think she's a bit over that as I need a ladder to get to the top
""Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain."
Smitty BBS :-)
Smitty

Postby B_BQ » Feb 09, 2009 6:54 pm

Smitty: I have a 2 year old Jens Munk. It didn't do a thing in its first location the first year, so last year I moved it to what I hope will be a 'dream' location. I just hope it gets to be even half the size of yours. How old is yours?
~BBQ
Zone 5b
South/Central Ontario

~ Author Unknown
B_BQ

PreviousNext

Return to Garden Gallery