Container Gardening - Gardening Forums

Containers planted yesterday

For inspiration and advice about gardening in pots and planters, gardening indoors and outdoors, from balconies to terraces, and everything in between.

Containers planted yesterday

Postby Lizcordysmum » May 23, 2009 1:57 pm

Brugmansias and possibly two Daturas planted in the big tubs.

And, Green Grape tomatoes, and Pom d'Amour planted in the largest white pails, eggplants planted in the smaller pots, and TopsyTurvy planted with one 100s cherry type, plus a Heritage called Sweet Cherry Clusters. Two hours after planting the Topsy and watering well, both cherry types had begun to turn upwards...this should be a most interesting experiment!

There is a newbie who was wondering how much space to leave between when she planted two types of cherry toms...my two are jammed together thru a hole in the bottom of the TopsyTurvy that is smaller than a hard baseball.

Since I haven't done this before, all prayers are appreciated!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cordy's Mum, Liz
Rain Coast, BC Zone 7b/8a

Nae words, nae quarrel
Lizcordysmum

Re: Containers planted yesterday

Postby Smitty » May 24, 2009 1:36 am

in my dreams tonight I'll be planting tomatoes in ,reality hopefully by mid week it'll be safe to put the annuals and vegies in the ground.
Went to my favorite local greenhouse yesterday ( run by lady and her 8 kids!). I like it so because there is always something different and they have the best hanging baskets. While wandering thru I got to drool over their Brugs..they had yellow and peach ones. I see why you folks like them so much.
""Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain."
Smitty BBS :-)
Smitty

Re: Containers planted yesterday

Postby Lizcordysmum » May 25, 2009 3:43 pm

Smitty, Brugs in bloom already? oh my...wish I knew how they do it. I will be lucky to have flowers by late August...invariably they bloom just as the weather turns cold for autumn, when the plants come indoors again.

Eight kids, and she runs a nursery...must be a thwarted maternal instinct!

I hope your reality IS real, this week.
Cordy's Mum, Liz
Rain Coast, BC Zone 7b/8a

Nae words, nae quarrel
Lizcordysmum

Return to Container Gardening