Container Gardening - Gardening Forums

I am really really pleased with these...

For inspiration and advice about gardening in pots and planters, gardening indoors and outdoors, from balconies to terraces, and everything in between.

I am really really pleased with these...

Postby Lizcordysmum » Jun 07, 2009 4:47 pm

Yellow container and purple container are from Proven Winner's website container designs.

Green and purple is from a garden mag. but the nurseries here did not have the plants I needed so I "made do" with subsitutes.

I overbought, as always...so the rest went into two much smaller pots for the steps.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cordy's Mum, Liz
Rain Coast, BC Zone 7b/8a

Nae words, nae quarrel
Lizcordysmum

Re: I am really really pleased with these...

Postby Smitty » Jun 07, 2009 9:52 pm

those are beautiful Liz!
""Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain."
Smitty BBS :-)
Smitty

Postby Lulu » Jun 07, 2009 10:50 pm

Well done, Liz ! They look great,,especially the purple/blue (#2) one! Just starting to put mine together, now! Might just steal a few ideas!
Lulu

Postby Lizcordysmum » Jun 08, 2009 2:58 pm

Smitty, TA!

And Lulu, steal away..or go to Proven Winners containers, if you get a chance.

I planted SuperTunias, and SuperBenas...pretty now, will see what summer does to them, is first time for trying these. The yellow is an Osteospermum, and turned out not to be the spoon-shape it is supposed to be...hmmm!
Cordy's Mum, Liz

Nae words, nae quarrel
Lizcordysmum

Postby B_BQ » Jun 12, 2009 8:22 pm

You did good girl!
Don'tcha just love purple and yellow together? :D
Wonderful planters.
I'm not bothering with osteospurmum this year. Not that I don't love them - I do, but they do close up pretty quickly in the evening, and this is the time when DH and I stroll around the garden, glass of wine in hand, and enjoy the fruits of our labour!
~BBQ
Zone 5b
South/Central Ontario

Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day
~ Author Unknown
B_BQ

Postby Lizcordysmum » Jun 20, 2009 9:23 pm

For the first time in my life I planted Salvia. A really dark blue, tall growing one, it is in the greyish planted pot above. The flowers are super...not big, but they really stand out with the silvery colour. I am pleased.

And folks, I am Johnny come lately...I just discovered Kong coleus, and I have lost my heart again. They've been out for five years, and I just suddenly SAW them.

I remember last winter how impressed we all were when folks were posting BLUE flowers....I hope we all are remembering this for 2010!!!
Cordy's Mum, Liz

Nae words, nae quarrel
Lizcordysmum

Postby MareE » Jul 17, 2009 3:39 pm

Pleased as Punch you should be! Very few Blues in gardens this year, Tante. Delphs, a deep purple-y blue, did not come back. uncontrollable weeps. Is that Wave Petunia? I have purple/blue store-boughts ringing harvested Lavatera seed from Plotlands in a large faux clay container. This may be my fave vertical interest pot o'fleurs this Summer. Pics will follow bursting of pink Lavatera. Late bloomers this year. Perhaps persnicketies sulking at relocation, relocation.

Adore purple and yellow combo, too, BBQ! But fave for containers is still red Geraniums, yellow Marigold and darkest blue Lobelia. "Mebbe next year", a gardeners' most oft-repeated phrase. lol

Lulu, you're like the little engine that could! Way da go after that wicked hailstorm!

Niece/MareE;o}
~do not make tragedies of trifles ~ do not shoot butterflies with rifles~author unknown~
MareE

Postby Lizcordysmum » Jul 17, 2009 5:31 pm

Are SuperTunias, and SuperBena, MareE...not Wave. Wave never does nuttin' for me, straggly, a flower here, there, etc.

My delphs did poorly this year.

I like the thought of your Lavatera ringed by purply blue petunias...a very pretty effect. I am fond of the pink Lavatera too.
Cordy's Mum, Liz

Nae words, nae quarrel
Lizcordysmum

Postby KylyS » Jul 18, 2009 3:23 pm

Wow those are gorgeous containers you put together! You are talented! Im so hooked on container gardening now.. lol.. beautiful! Kyly :D
KylyS

Postby Lizcordysmum » Jul 18, 2009 9:51 pm

Thank you, Kyly, but remember, mine are not my originals, they are picture in ProvenWinners website for containers...do check it out.

I found another design today that I am cannot wait to try out...it's in an English magazine.

A very bright yellow glazed pot, not huge...filled with the tiny yellow early Narcissi spring daffs...Tete a Tete, maybe 5-9 of these...and all around, gorgeous primulas, the ones with yellow centres and black petals edged with white all around...in England, called Primula Gold-laced Group...they also added some black-leaved "Ophiogogon planiscapus 'Nigrescens', a low growing floppy grass that curves over the pot hard edges.
Cordy's Mum, Liz

Nae words, nae quarrel
Lizcordysmum

Next

Return to Container Gardening