Feedback - Gardening Forums

UPDATE - 091111

We want to hear from you. Share your feedback and tell us what’s on your mind.

Re: UPDATE - 091111

Postby kelly_m » Nov 14, 2009 7:30 pm

Yes Carp has been happening the last two weeks but the current carp has only been happening the last couple of days.

Now It all seems to have started a couple of weeks back when I could not get on to post ( I was experiencing what everyone is now experiencing)

But now it seems to be like rotating strikes....only a couple of us can post at one time and then poof it's time for another couple and we have to wait our turn!!!

I do agree though that this does need to be worked out and I am sure that the behind the scenes guys and gals are working hard to get it fixed. We need to remember that they are at the mercy of whomever is providing the service that they create this forum onto, of which of course we are at the mercy of.

I do commend all of you for being quite patient and understanding...it is now almost a treat to be able to post so we make the most of what we get!! :wink: :lol:
Kelly
Zone 5a/b

OLD GARDENERS NEVER DIE. THEY JUST SPADE AWAY
kelly_m

Postby Ron Evers » Nov 14, 2009 7:43 pm

Like a lottery, when it's your turn to post you have 5 minutes max or your outa luck for hours. I could not post on the Patio but can here. Must rush back to the patio now quickly.
Ron.

The wood is clear between the knots.
Ron Evers

Postby kelly_m » Nov 14, 2009 8:05 pm

Unlike the lottery, though, I win here more times!!! :shock:
Kelly
Zone 5a/b

kelly_m

Postby B_BQ » Nov 14, 2009 9:30 pm

I think you're being too generous Kelly.
CG is a business, and they're in it for the money. They're also paying a server big bucks to do a job for them. So far, the servers have failed dismally.
We can say the Forum is free, and to all intents and purposes it is. However, as a result of the Forum I got a subscription for Canadian Gardening Magazine. That's a huge pay-off. And, look at the advertisers. They're targeting us, the Forum users. I think if we expect mediocrity then that is all we'll get.
If most individuals ran a business as poorly as this then they would have gone bankrupt a long time ago.
Let's expect the best, and maybe we'll get a lot better than we're getting.
~BBQ
Zone 5b
South/Central Ontario

Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day
~ Author Unknown
B_BQ

Postby earwig » Nov 15, 2009 8:29 am

I understand that things break down and upgrades don't always work better, but what bothers me the most is the lack of communication to the users.

This thread was started to give us an update on Nov 11 to say things were fixed. Today is the 15th and things are not fixed and there has been no further information given. So does William or anyone else even know it is not fixed?

It makes me feel that there is either a communication problem with the Home and Garden Network Information people, or that we are rated at a very low priority and they will get to it when the feel like it.

Must type faster as I keep losing this....
Betty
"The most serious gardening I do would seem very strange to an onlooker, for it involves hours of walking round in circles, apparently doing nothing." --Helen Dillon
earwig

Postby Lizcordysmum » Nov 15, 2009 1:17 pm

Maybe Willy and Co can't post either!
Cordy's Mum, Liz
Rain Coast, BC Zone 7b/8a

Nae words, nae quarrel
Lizcordysmum

Postby kelly_m » Nov 15, 2009 6:45 pm

Has anyone ever bought something, paid really good money for it only to find out it's simply a lemon????

Well my guess is our Server is a lemon and you know what they say when life gives you lemons?!
Kelly
Zone 5a/b

kelly_m

Postby butterfly » Nov 16, 2009 12:35 am

I feel bad for William and others who need to work on this forum so much to make us happy

I know we all appricate them, I do for sure

I think CG got ripped off and bet they are paying a lot of money for this.

I showed someone one time all the messe when they changed over to this new forum

They said it was a very old old program and not suited for forum use. They don't know what they were doing, I dont mean Dmitry or william

I mean the company who sold it to CG

The advertisers and CG are paying big money for something that doens't work well
Cheers Butterfly

Having a place to go - is a home. Having someone to love - is a family.
Having both - is a blessing."--Donna Hedges
butterfly

Previous

Return to Feedback