Feedback - Gardening Forums

its happening again

We want to hear from you. Share your feedback and tell us what’s on your mind.

Re: its happening again

Postby Grannygardener » Jan 25, 2010 1:03 pm

Thank you Frank for posting the link for Firefox.I do remember Skwij mentioning it a while back was always afraid to try it on my own. It works great, don't have to disable my virus security anymore. Now if I could figure out how to mark "messages read" as I read them instead of wiping out everything, I will feel like I can actually maneuver this machine
I've spent most of my time in the garden,the rest I've wasted. Edie Zone4A, Ont.
Grannygardener

Postby Countryboy » Jan 25, 2010 2:51 pm

I'm glad it works better for u. :) Browsing should be fun and relaxing eh . . not make u want to bang yr fists on keyboards! ;) lol

Grannygardener wrote:Now if I could figure out how to mark "messages read"

I'm not sure it's the best way, 'coz it's a little tedious, but I read the messages, then right click/Back *to the board or to Active Topics*, then right click/Reload. At that point the forum software will mark the threads as 'read'.
Adopt the pace of nature, her secret is patience.
.....Ralph Waldo Emmerson....

Frank . . ON5a
Countryboy

Postby skwij » Jan 26, 2010 12:12 am

Grannygardener wrote: Now if I could figure out how to mark "messages read" as I read them instead of wiping out everything, I will feel like I can actually maneuver this machine

Don't click the Back button. Simply use the breadcrumbs links at the top of the page to go to the forum you were in, or another forum.

IE if you're here in Feedback, and read the thread, then just go to Canadian Garden Forums Home < Feedback to come back to the forum itself. The threads should then be marked as "read".
skwij

Postby Grannygardener » Jan 26, 2010 2:08 am

Bingo!!! Thank you Skwij. Never to old to learn something new. Had always used the back button before. Edie
I've spent most of my time in the garden,the rest I've wasted. Edie Zone4A, Ont.
Grannygardener

Postby Countryboy » Jan 26, 2010 8:58 pm

If yr reading the forum board by board yr method works Skwij. If yr working from 'active topics' it doesn't. I guess it's 'coz 'active' is an amalgam of all the boards that we can't click back to it in the same row as the Search window.

And . . . I just got new glasses last week but I swear I'd make a lousy Hansel or Gretel. I can't see any breadcrumbs . . . anywhere! :cry: lol

Frank . . ON5a
Countryboy

Postby Eeyore » Jan 29, 2010 11:01 am

The breadcrumbs are the little red boxes up beside the topic header. If you click that you'll be taken to the first post you haven't read in that thread.
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby Countryboy » Jan 29, 2010 11:44 am

Thanx Lyn. I came back in here using IE and I can see them. Not so with Firefox. Oh well . . . it's not like they're essential. :wink: lol

Frank . . ON5a
Countryboy

Postby skwij » Jan 30, 2010 12:33 am

These are also known as "breadcrumbs".

Screen shot 2010-01-29 at 11.30.58 PM.png

Screen shot 2010-01-29 at 11.31.13 PM.png
Screen shot 2010-01-29 at 11.31.13 PM.png (12.56 KiB) Viewed 2939 times
skwij

Previous

Return to Feedback