Garden Seed Exchange - Gardening Forums

Floramerica Tomatoes

Forget the seed catalogues. Trading seeds is a great way to expand your garden with new plants, flowers, fruits, vegetables, shrubs, and trees.

Floramerica Tomatoes

Postby icangarden » Feb 10, 2010 1:53 pm

Has anyone purchased Floramerica tomato seed recently? I've been trying to find this seed without much luck....it's a hybrid so can't be grown from saved seed. Thanks.
icangarden

Re: Floramerica Tomatoes

Postby orchidguy » Feb 10, 2010 4:53 pm

hiya icangarden

You can still purchase the seed for the floramerica tomatoe from Reimer Seed. It is an American company, but they do ship to Canada. I paid about 4.99 for a pkg of seeds and it cost about $1.25 shipping and handling
Good Luck
orchidguy

Postby icangarden » Feb 13, 2010 5:12 pm

Thanks for the info. I ordered my seeds from Reimers....charging quite a bit for shipping though...$13.00!
icangarden

Postby orchidguy » Feb 13, 2010 10:41 pm

Wow

I had ordered from them a few years back, and after reading your reply, checked order sheet on the shipping charges. In 2005, I paid 1.99 for the seed and 6.36 p & h (american exchange). Times have changed I guess, but having the product you want is sometimes worth the extra money
orchidguy

Postby icangarden » Feb 14, 2010 1:33 pm

Yes....I really wanted the seed so ordered three packages as I'm giving some to a friend of mine as a thank you for a favor she did for me....it's her favorite tomato variety and she said she couldn't find the seed anywhere. Their shipping rates are outragious though...they said $11.00 to begin with then when I placed the order it showed up as $13.00. It's just coming as regular mail so it's pretty ridiculous. I checked with a lot of places in Canada hoping that it was available here but no luck. It appears that Reimers is the only place that carries the seed.

Once again, thanks for your input!
icangarden

Return to Garden Seed Exchange