Feedback - Gardening Forums

General Error

We want to hear from you. Share your feedback and tell us what’s on your mind.

General Error

Postby Smitty » May 07, 2010 3:17 pm

ok...something going Wonky with the forums at my end at least...forums slow, slow, slow or not responding. Tried to post in F&V under my coldframe subject...came up General Error...you are unable to post but it's there!!! how weird! dang gremlins!
""Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain."
Smitty BBS :-)
Smitty

Re: General Error

Postby B_BQ » May 07, 2010 7:38 pm

I'm still having to log in almost every time; type password and email address!
Also, I'm now not getting ANY notification of responses to threads.
I've been through the whole shebang and all the ticks are in their keerect place!
Patience!
~BBQ
Zone 5b
South/Central Ontario

Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day
~ Author Unknown
B_BQ

Postby Eeyore » May 08, 2010 8:22 pm

I've noticed a lot of weird errors in the past couple of weeks. General Error, 404 errors but they have become so common place that I just ignore them and log in again. It usually isn't me, it's this forum.... I'm not sure it will EVER operate properly!
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby Laura » May 09, 2010 7:07 am

Eeyore wrote:... It usually isn't me, it's this forum.... I'm not sure it will EVER operate properly!

Good attitude ... this is what I do ...work around the glitches .... :wink: ... sometimes I miss answering a post because it doesn't get highlighted by the red color more than halfway down the first page ... sometimes I can remember who the last poster was but not often ... :|
Laura

Postby MareE » May 10, 2010 1:55 pm

Saw General Error several times over the weekend. Haven't had an e-notey since Lee's thread over the Fence titled appropriately, "It's kinda annoying". That was April 28th. Thought it was just me! Glad it wasn't.

Well, you ladies know what I mean, eh? :wink:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=20931#p208731

MareE;o}
~do not make tragedies of trifles ~ do not shoot butterflies with rifles~author unknown~
MareE

Postby williamtully » May 10, 2010 3:54 pm

Anytime someone can provide a specific date/time it would be greatly appreciated as we have no reports of site issues, but if something is hit/miss then at least we have a starting point. Thanks.
William Tully
Webmaster - WebOps Toronto
Transcontinental Media Inc., Toronto, Ontario
---
"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
---
williamtully

Postby MareE » May 11, 2010 8:41 am

My last email notification from CG was @ 9:43am April 28th, William. Or should we PM you our date/times somewhere else? TIA and good luck!

Laura, do you check "View your posts"? That lists what threads you're participating in. Unfortunately, I just remembered that feature(?) now and have been very remiss in replying. As usual. :oops:

User Control Panel (1 new message) • View your posts FAQ Search Members

MareE;o}

~do not make tragedies of trifles ~ do not shoot butterflies with rifles~author unknown~
MareE

Postby kelly_m » May 11, 2010 9:07 am

Oh MareE...I think you have a PM waiting for you!!LOL
Kelly
Zone 5a/b

OLD GARDENERS NEVER DIE. THEY JUST SPADE AWAY
kelly_m

Postby OGrubber » May 11, 2010 9:27 am

Well, I haven't had any e-noty for several weeks - unfortunately [!] I clean out my mailbox frequently, so have no exact date as to my last notification...
Market Gardening - Just another day at the plant.
OGrubber

Postby Smitty » May 11, 2010 9:32 am

williamtully wrote:Anytime someone can provide a specific date/time it would be greatly appreciated as we have no reports of site issues, but if something is hit/miss then at least we have a starting point. Thanks.

Fri May 07, 2010 2:17 pm...
might have been 2:15..took me a minute or two to figure it out and post here..sorry no exact time for Error 404's that keep coming up...will let you know as soon as it appears again...hopefully that will be never.
""Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain."
Smitty BBS :-)
Smitty

Next

Return to Feedback