Feedback - Gardening Forums

no email responses

We want to hear from you. Share your feedback and tell us what’s on your mind.

no email responses

Postby Millie » Jul 14, 2010 11:14 am

Well, it's happened to me again I don't get email responses even though Notify me when a reply is posted is ticked off.

Last year it corrected itself when I changed the email address but this time it is not working. William did say he was getting the emails, wonder if he is getting them again.

Has anyone had the same problem?

Thanks.
Millie

Re: no email responses

Postby copperbeech » Jul 14, 2010 12:39 pm

Millie wrote:Well, it's happened to me again I don't get email responses even though Notify me when a reply is posted is ticked off.

Has anyone had the same problem?

I can't remember the last time email notification worked for me! :x
copperbeech

Postby B_BQ » Jul 14, 2010 3:49 pm

Millie:
Email notification has been gone since at least the first week in April!!!!
It's not working for anyone and it's a 'Pain in the Astilbe', (PITA), as it's hard to keep track of threads in which one is involved.
No good explanation has been forthcoming - so far!
William of course got promoted and moved into another position, and Dmitry was assigned to try to keep an eye on things, but really doesn't have the time as he already has a full-time job doing something else.
A number of regulars have dropped by the wayside. Hopefully they're still lurking and will come back once the Forum is working again. Many haven't even been able to get in. Many of us have to log in almost every time. The problems with the new software and/or server have been endless, and they should never have tried to upgrade or fix something that was never broken IMO!
~BBQ
Zone 5b
South/Central Ontario

Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day
~ Author Unknown
B_BQ

Postby Millie » Jul 14, 2010 9:42 pm

Thank you for the update Brenda!

No wonder some of the old regulars are no longer around. Lets hope they rectify the problem. Yes, they should have left it alone when it was working in the beginning or never upgraded to this. I miss the old CG forum. One good thing at least we are able to sign in at the present time. Do remember when we were not able to do so.
Millie

Return to Feedback