Feedback - Gardening Forums

More thoughts!

We want to hear from you. Share your feedback and tell us what’s on your mind.

More thoughts!

Postby B_BQ » Jan 08, 2011 10:05 pm

These are thoughts expressed by a forum member, who is also having a lot of problems trying to participate in the forum.

I think CG sells advertising on the strength of the membership list, no matter that many have left, or cannot even access the forum. We are being taken for granted or fools by CG in my opinion.

I fully agree with the opinion, and have cancelled my subscription to CG Magazine until such time as the 'powers that be' start listening and fix the endless frustrating problems on the forum. Oh yes, sure, it's free, but the advertisers pay big bucks to CG to advertise to us, hoping to lure us into spending our money. I wonder if the advertisers would be so willing to advertise if they knew that so many of the members were not able to even access the forum.
Zone 5b
South/Central Ontario

Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day
~ Author Unknown
B_BQ

Re: More thoughts!

Postby agedgardener2 » Jan 09, 2011 1:42 am

Perhaps the signing is way to count the people who are using the forum.The advertisers might want some idea of the number of people who will see their Adds.JOY
agedgardener2

Postby Laura » Jan 09, 2011 8:11 am

Quoted from the feesback introduction page .... "We want to hear from you. Share your feedback and tell us what’s on your mind ... "

... not much good if on one is listening .... so sad ,customer service it is not.

I have been waitiing since september to find out who won the photo contest ... :roll:
Laura

Postby Eeyore » Jan 09, 2011 1:42 pm

Feedback was set up by Will but I don't think it is monitored any more or only occassionally. Our lovely little magazine and forum became part of a larger media group and as such the priority of the forum has changed. Will has gone elsewhere and Dmitry is no longer responsible for the forum. All problems and requests have to go through the IT department. Tara is our contact and she initiates the request. She only works part time. Requests are probably triaged and I don't think logging in daily is going to make the top of the list.

My suggestion is that if you are having a SPECIFIC problem such as not being able to access the forum you contact Tara directly or one of the moderators (I think that's just me at the moment. :shock: ). Unfortunately we have very little pull and everything is subject to the Powers that Be. As you can see Linda McT has not been able to get back on and she's been talking with Tara since before Christmas and Kelly is still kellymac. Dmitry or Will would have solved those problems in a shake but now it's all red tape and BS. I wish I could be more helpful but I really don't know the answers.
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Return to Feedback