Feedback - Gardening Forums

TCAdops and corrupted keychain

We want to hear from you. Share your feedback and tell us what’s on your mind.

Re: TCAdops and corrupted keychain

Postby MareE » Jan 24, 2011 1:00 pm

Picture 1.png
[/quote]

That's what's been popping up as of this morning, skwij. As for password auto-fill, my keychain has been corrupted, too. I did NOT authorize that to happen either.

ONE of many things I don't get is why our tireless Mods even has to email Tara to alert IT. Shouldn't one of the IT team be delegated to read Feedback once in a while and aren't the PTB concerned about the "reputation" of CG? :evil: Rhetorical. This is the only garden website I've frequented in nearly a decade but can imagine CG's rep isn't a good one out there.

B_BQ wrote:We got dragged, kicking and screaming, into this new format.
Aaaa-men to that sentiment. Brenda, don't know how many times I've bit my lip and deleted my praises for the "good old days" format, the RCWPA era included. Suffice to say up to what, 6-7 years ago, this used to be known as a "user friendly" forum.

MareE;o}
~do not make tragedies of trifles ~ do not shoot butterflies with rifles~author unknown~
MareE

Postby orchidguy » Jan 24, 2011 3:01 pm

Having the same troubles at this end too, and getting the same message as Frank. Not only do I have to sign it at every usage, the site does not recognize my email address most times, so when I can post, I do so furiously while I can.
Oh yeah, site still wont hold an avatar, as soon as I post, I lose it and now wont even let me do that. Does anyone know why I cant get it up?
orchidguy

Postby orchidguy » Jan 24, 2011 3:03 pm

I was reading my post while I hit the submit button, that last question was in regards to my avatar.....sorry
orchidguy

Postby CdnChelsea » Jan 24, 2011 4:11 pm

orchidguy wrote:I was reading my post while I hit the submit button, that last question was in regards to my avatar.....sorry

*snickering here*
"Those who dwell among the beauties and mysteries of the earth
are never alone or weary of life" ~ Rachel Carson
CdnChelsea

Postby B_BQ » Jan 24, 2011 4:25 pm

orchidguy wrote:Does anyone know why I cant get it up?

Too funny! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Zone 5b
South/Central Ontario

Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day
~ Author Unknown
B_BQ

Postby Eeyore » Jan 24, 2011 4:37 pm

Snicker! Snicker! Maybe someone cloe to you would have a better answer Dan. :lol: :lol:
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby kellymac » Jan 24, 2011 6:04 pm

:lol: :lol: :shock: I'm sorry Dan, Not sure I can help you either!

BUT.....Back on track.....

IT no longer has "hands on" control of the forum. for whatever reasons (and my thinking is economic staff cutbacks) they have movede and shuffled people and we now have a very capable yet part-time Admin. Tara takes all our issues into consideration and sends them off to whichever department is needed and then we get the fix..or info. Like Lyn said, Tara has issued this one High priority and looks like it was resolved....so far.

As for logging in and recognition issues....As you can see I am not myself. What happens is there's a server dump or something of that sort on a regular basis. It is supposed to remember all the users and pswds, but, somketimes, the server recognizes the usernames and pswds but does not get them back to the forum or vice versa, I can't remember. It was explained to me a whiley back, but the info was on my old computer and may be lost forever....And I am NOT a techie geek and will never be.

so...take heed...you can be back! I have set up this second acct for these times, so I can still be here and mod. But...I dunno why it has never affected this acct?!
kellymac

Postby Smitty » Jan 25, 2011 10:39 am

ummmmmmmmmmmm perhaps Kelly's ' hands on' may help with Dan's problem :wink:

I've never had a problem with avatar(it was there last time I looked) loggin in to this site or it forgetting who I am...troubles I have are with loading pages or General Error or it just going as slow as molasses in January
I really despise that General Error
""Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain."
Smitty BBS :-)
Smitty

Postby Laura » Jan 25, 2011 11:14 am

Forum is working really great today ... fast loads and quick responses .... woo hoo and thanks to whoever did the " fix " .... :D
Laura

Postby Eeyore » Jan 25, 2011 11:20 am

Ditto that Laura!
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback