Feedback - Gardening Forums

Frustration!

We want to hear from you. Share your feedback and tell us what’s on your mind.

Frustration!

Postby B_BQ » Mar 06, 2011 7:12 pm

Attention Tara:

One of our valued members, Ron Evers, has kept a number of us happy and amused with his contribution of 'Supper Tonight'.

He has been having no end of trouble posting his 'Supper Tonight' for several weeks now, because he just can't get on the Forum in the evening.

He can't be bothered any longer - just too frustrating.

Is this a problem at CG's end? Can it be fixed?

Ron's input will be missed very much and we don't want to lose him.

Is there anything that can be done to improve this site? So many of us have problems with this site, but most of us can contribute, albeit with some frustration. There are others who would dearly love to contribute and participate but can't!

Hope someone will help - so many have begged for something to be done, but there's been no fix yet.

~BBQ
Zone 5b
South/Central Ontario

Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day
~ Author Unknown
B_BQ

Re: Frustration!

Postby davefrombc » Mar 07, 2011 2:37 pm

It will indeed be a loss to the community and CG magazine if some active forum members drop out and / or quit posting because of problems accessing the site , and apparent neglect of maintenance or response from administrators
BC Fraser Valley zone 7/8
davefrombc

Postby CG admin » Mar 07, 2011 8:30 pm

Hi there,

I will try to address this right away by filing a bug. However I'll need more details about what Ron is encountering when he tries to log in or post. I am going to email him to see if I can get to the bottom of this. Is anyone else having problems logging in still?

I apologize for the inconvenience!
Tara
CG admin
Site Admin

Postby B_BQ » Mar 07, 2011 8:38 pm

Thanks Tara.
Apparently there is a belief by CG that there are 20,000 members on this forum. NOT!
There's a bunch of hard-core stick-with-it people, who are trying to keep it going, but so many are dropping by the wayside because of problems posting, accessing the site, and slowness of the site. We're losing some very articulate, knowledgeable and interesting people.
Anything you can do to get all the problems cleared up once and for all would be so much appreciated.
Personally, other than having to sign in at least once a day, I'm not having any problems, but we really need to keep as many people as possible; otherwise, once the advertisers know that they're only reaching a few dozen people they may think twice about advertising!
Again, thanks for anything you can do to help.
~BBQ
Zone 5b
South/Central Ontario

Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day
~ Author Unknown
B_BQ

Return to Feedback